BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Pedal box

Post by Philhod » 22 Apr 2012

I ended up taking the whole box out on mine, welded the accelerator bit (that was cracked all along) from the inside first, then opened up the crack with the grinder and welded it up.
I then put some runs across the weld, like stitches, to strengthen it up.
Never had any further problems with the box frame but as Doc said, I used up all my swear words on that god forsaken plastic ring, ggrrrrrr! :x
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 23 Apr 2012

I welded it from the outside first (after taking a grinder to it), as I struggled to clean up the inside of the bend. Obviously the paint burnt off on the inside so easy to wire brush it off. There was no longer any evidence of the crack on the inside, just the weld bead but I ran a weld down there just in case.

I had a play around with the brake pedal rest position yesterday, and that's actually made a huge difference (to me) in the way it feels. There was previously a gap of a few mm, presumably because of the missing rubber. I'd simply put down the difference in feel to the presence of the spring. Now there is just a small gap, and I'm loving the way it feels. Very little travel, and a nice linear application of the brakes :D
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Apr 2012

Yes I noticed that with the brakes. Really either on or off until you learned the shorter but much smoother travel.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 25 Apr 2012

non abs cars still feel more Citroen like, regardless of whats done to the pedal, ABS cars just dont feel right and never have.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.