BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Re: Valver Mis-fire

Post by mat_the_cat » 17 Jun 2011

That reminds me (another one for the book!) of when I was riding my back back from Wales to Sheffield, in torrential rain. One of the HT leads fell off, and running on one cylinder on a flat twin engine is not a particularly powerful or vibration free experience. So I pulled into a petrol station forecourt (it was the early hours of the morning so it was closed) and proceeded to push the HT lead back on.

With hindsight it would probably have been a good idea to stop the engine first, as wet gloves are not known for their electrical insulation properties. I'm not sure whether I jumped back or was thrown back, but it must have been a source of amusement for anyone checking through the security camera tape!
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 17 Jun 2011

Philhod wrote:That's when you learn that they give full power spark even when you turn the shaft by hand
Yes i've had that experience, physics teacher, bastard, still see him, will give him a punch now you've reminded me!
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Jun 2011

:lol:
will give him a punch now you've reminded me!
Well the twat that got me with it was an ex ABA welterweight champion and I didn't start Karate till 2 years later, so I sort of left him alone 8) :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 18 Jun 2011

Ah yes but Pete has retired now, so he's getting on a little and never had much physical prowess anyways.
ImageImage