BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: Bearing cross-reference

Post by Way2go » 18 Jul 2011

It's probably also to do with this "comparatively" recent manufacturing philosophy of JIT. That coupled with the economics of invoicing, by getting them delivered, the payment days are already counting down while the "away team" finish them off. :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Bearing cross-reference

Post by Philhod » 18 Jul 2011

:) We invented Just in time and lean manufacture W2G. That's the point.
It was meant to cut o/heads by not having millions of pounds worth of stock, lying about doing nothing.
However there is a point where it become counter productive because as youR manufacturing costs rise, it becomes more expensive to have people stood doing nothing, therefore it's an ongoing equasion. Mostly today they see it as a one time fix.

I have actually seen board reports recently, where the finance director is crowing that he saved 55K in a month through JIT and the manuf director, listing a downtime cost of over 70K.!!!
How the MD's keep their job in these situations is beyond me. When I was department head at GEC in the late 80's, we were MD of our section and it was our job to see that those situations didn't happen if one had developed, I would have been looking for a new job. 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.