General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: back in the fold

Post by Philhod » 19 Jan 2012

I should convert back to mech pump. The pump cant flood the carb unless the needle valve has stuck open. A new valve is easy to fit and would cure the problem.
Leckie pumps are less reliable and unless their delivery is matched to the carb deliver less pressure.

Diseasels on the other hand do not need carbs or autochokes and silly electrickery to make them go :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 20 Jan 2012

Diesels do not have to be set on fire in order to work, because they are simply not fuelled by the DEVIL!
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 20 Jan 2012

:D Precisely 8)

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 25 Jan 2012

bit pissed off this week, Monday I get to the kids school, drop the kids off and come back to a pool of lhm by nearside front wheel , check strut and a strut return pipe has come off , get back home ok but looks like Im in for a new strut , then yesterday get a letter from Beds police saying I was clocked at 77 in a 60,
If I remember rightly and its where i think it is ,I overtook an artic and then pulled back in obviously did not slow back down enough before they got me :twisted:
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Jan 2012

:( The joys of motoring

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 25 Jan 2012

Have you got any points already? If you haven't maybe you can volunteer for one of those bullshit motoring courses and avoid them this time. Sadly you are still likely to have to pay the fine.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 25 Jan 2012

not got any points , I picked up six whilst driving for the emergency doctor service in London they got cleared, then I picked up another 3 going to a railway emergency but they are off my licence as well(all hesrt these cameras and courts),
This time I was doing 2 mph over the top to be offerred a speed awareness course :oops: you had to be under 75 mph to be offered it
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 26 Jan 2012

mickey taker wrote: This time I was doing 2 mph over the top to be offerred a speed awareness course :oops: you had to be under 75 mph to be offered it
Maybe try "plan B" then as per the prescription of the "Doc" and query the calibration and competence certificates? Wait, that's actually worthy of being "plan A". :wink: But it's a gamble I guess, the certainties of a fixed penalty against the uncertainty of being hammered harder, in the wallet, in court. :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 26 Jan 2012

And this is why cameras dont work. There is nothing actually illegal with going over the speed limit in a situation like this, even the police driving bible 'Road Craft' tells you this. What you've done is probably not dangerous (the whole point of speed limits) and not in contravention of the road traffic act, but a speed camera can't show that, and the law regarding speed camera's is very clearly 'Guilty unless you spend the money to prove innocence' . And speed camera's on high speed roads (60+) dont work unless there average speed camera's. On highspeed roads the locals generally know where they are and slow down for the duration of the witness lines on the tarmac then put the boot back in, non locals just get caught because there is rarely an actual reason to be doing dead on 60/70, if there was a good reason not to speed (blind junction etc) then the limit would have already been reduced to 40/50.

Its interesting out here in s***h Africa. No one does the speed limit, usually doing 10 to 15mph over, yet there are people operated speed traps everywhere, probably one every 30 miles or so. And the're fucking good at hiding, typically they will hide the cars then setup the trap under an over hanging tree so you simply can't see them!
ImageImage

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 26 Jan 2012

Hi All,

I've only just seen this thread as I've been absent for a while, so well done on the Meteor - another Meteor Man :D

(I'm missing mine as I knew I would)

Re. the non starting diesel - Stu's old one used to have the same problem and he was starting it with a jump lead twixt neg and gearbox and hadn't had time to track down what the problem was. I'd recently cleaned up all the underbonnet earths on mine and suggested he bring his round to mine so we could do the same. Was he pleased when we managed to fix it by removing the neg lead and cleaning off all the crap and oxidation. Free fix! :D

Regards,

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 27 Jan 2012

If it's claimed to be a camera. ask for a copy of the picture. They have to provide one but sometimes they dump them if they think you will pay up. If they aint got one opt for court. They will drop it as they don't have no evidence :wink:

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 27 Jan 2012

[chin] That sounds very optimistic Phil in this age of bureaucracy! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 27 Jan 2012

Believe me, they drop bollocks all the time. It's a lottrery these days, wether you get done or not :roll: