Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!

Should I scrap my TD?

No you tosser, stop being lazy and fix her up good
46%
Yes dumb ass, do the easy thing for once and buy the blue one
54%

Total votes: 13

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 23 Nov 2007

Bx Bandit wrote:hay.....my personal spring is ........er........quite springy ta muchley!! No friction betwixt me and the missus!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

yeah but K Y jelly wont work on a clutch mate !!!!
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 23 Nov 2007

it might work with the diaphragm as well

:wink::wink:

charlie
Part of the decor

it might work with the diaphragm

:wink::wink:

charlie
Part of the decor

it might work

charlie
Part of the decor

it

charlie
Part of the decor

:?:

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 23 Nov 2007

charlie wrote::?:
shame ot dosen't work on post whore discharge :lol: :lol: :lol:
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 24 Nov 2007

i have a fix for that sort of discharge y know!
ImageImage

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 24 Nov 2007

hope its painfully foul and in bad taste and remember

[worthless]

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 26 Nov 2007

A few thoughts tickling my mind...whilst I won't open up the whole Nitrous Oxide debate I was thinking a couple of thoughts....
1) What would it take/could I do to get the old girl up to about 110bhp - would this still give a decent longevity?
2) Would the normal TD clutch be ok?
3) Are there any mods that would up the torque as well?
4) Although road noise is good (I think better than a focus for example) engine noise is....well...noisy! What's to be done to keep that down? Fill/line the bulkhead with summut?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 26 Nov 2007

1) you have the Bosch pump, so simple tweaks with the pump and a bit of fettling with the turbo will easilty get you to 110BHP. Unless you are using it flat out everywhere all the time, then 110bhp should be very reliable, as long as the engines not wankered to start with.

2)Yes

3) By association, up the power, and the torque will increase.

4) Make sure all the engine mounts are in good condition to start. You can get very good fire retardent sound deadening from any good motor factors, apply in the scuttle, and behind the dash. You can add another layer to the sound deadening on the buljhead, and inside under the carpets. The noise reduction can be quite dramatic.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Engine is sound mate, only done about 75K. I have messed with the pump, I ended up turning it back down a bit cos it throwing so much muck! How does one fiddle with the turbo mate? Is it a wastegate thing - that threaded bolty thingy?
Did you mention using a 1.9 n/a cam (or summut like that)...what would that acheive matey?
Was also considering changing the 5th gear ratio for longer legs on the motorway...any thoughts?

Regarding any adjustments, I'd prefer to do as little as possible to 'de-tune' at mot times for the sake of the emissions. Is the pump the only consideration or will the turbo have to be trimmed back again?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 26 Nov 2007

detuning for an MOT wrt emissions is a doddle, run it on Veg Oil for the MOT, results in virtually no emisions that current equipment bothers to check!

Adjusting the turbo is dependant on the make. The KKK you have to get down and dirty with and hope the wastegate adjuster isnt stuck. The Garret has an external waste gate that you can tap into and add an adjuster just about anywhere in the car.

NA cam is probably not worth the effort unless you want to start pulling the enigne to bits and changing the cambelt etc

Longer 5th gear? Are you mad? i think some of the xanitas have a slightly longer 5th, probably not worht the effort though, what are you cruising at?

changing the torque, fuck about with the exhaust is the best bet, cant remember off hand but i suspect you might want to make it a little more free flowing?
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

I suspect I have KKK but I'll have to check. Wouldn't want to be fiddling with it every year tbh.

Don't mind doing the camshaft as the car ain't going anywhere for a bit. Depends on what the gains are tbh.

Whats wrong with a taller 5th gear mate? On the motorway I'll go somewhere between the 70 and 90 mark, mostly 80ish I suppose. Only considering a change cos the g/box is out....

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 28 Nov 2007

/\ oi vanny!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 28 Nov 2007

oi yer bloody self
ImageImage

Vanny
Site Admin

1) the TD box is perfect just the way it is.
2) its one of the tallest 5th gears you can get (that's why they get lobbed in the valvers)
3) opening a cog box is likely to be as successful as trying to rebuild the Hindenburg with original parts :P
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Je.de..........tsk thats 1/2 a reply! :lol: :lol: point taken, wot u rekon aboot the camyshafty....??

Vanny
Site Admin

what about it?
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

erm........dunno :oops: a 1.9 or 1.7 n/a...........or forget it I'll ask someone who knows............................Doc.................where for art thou???? :wink: