Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!

Should I scrap my TD?

No you tosser, stop being lazy and fix her up good
46%
Yes dumb ass, do the easy thing for once and buy the blue one
54%

Total votes: 13

barnsley bxer
Part of the decor

Post by barnsley bxer » 28 Nov 2007

Bx Bandit wrote:erm........dunno :oops: a 1.9 or 1.7 n/a...........or forget it I'll ask someone who knows............................Doc.................where for art thou???? :wink:
Precisely.Where are you Doc?.
Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 28 Nov 2007

Hiya my Barnsley mate :wink: Which box have you :?: the one with reverse up left or the later one with it down right :?: The later one has almost the same ratio`s in on the 19 n/a, 16 petrol [vomit] and 18 petrol Xant [vomit]
The only slight change between them(and it is slight) is the final drive. I stuck a later 16 box on an 87 19 RD motor adding a heavy duty clutch and the speedo was more accurate than before :shock:
The 5th on my 93 19 n/a is the same as Xant 19 n/a and 19 TD.

According to the book :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 28 Nov 2007

I havent heard from him since Monday night , he had that court case yesterday , hope all is ok
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 29 Nov 2007

I spoke to our stethoscoped guru last night. He awlrighty, but no access to compy compy...and no...he's not banged up!!! :lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Nov 2007

I'm back!
For the moment anyway...

If it's set up right it wont need timnkering for the emissions test. Mine doesn't.
BE boxes are very easy to dismantle and put back together, but really, I wouldn't bother, the gearing is spot on.
1.9 N/A cam will give about5 BHP without touvhing fueeling / boost.
Another 7bhp can be gained by ditching the middle box and fitting a "side winder" instead.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

[chin] Cam change may well be worth the effort......will it give a bit extra below the turbo does it's stuff then mate?

I had smoke at low revs until the turbo kicked in, after that it seemed ok. I guess the fuelling screw needs to be turned down a touch..?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

It gives it a noticable increase in torque at lower revs for sure. Mine pulls really hard from about 1100rpm.

If it's black smoking at low revs and cleans up when the turbo kicks in then the base fuelling needs lowering a bit.
It's a bit trial and error really...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Gotta be done then! I take it timing remains the same dude?

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Yep, timing stays the same.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 12 Dec 2007

How the fudge do you remove the pin that holds the CRB rod to the arm that the cable thingamajig pulls on? i.e. threaded pin.......no shifty with drifty or two 'tight nuts' or moley grips :x Doesn't really matter if I get the bugger off or not now but how is 'one' supposed to remove the little bastard?

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 12 Dec 2007

BTW, update is: Discovering Iron Oxide at alarming rate...more holes than a whores pants.....driveway nice shade of red/mud/green :shock: :lol:

It's actually not too bad considering the abuse it's had over the years, so I guess it's pay back time!!!!!!! The grinder has some work to do, then I'll be buying some tin from China to patch the old girl up!!!! :lol:

It's a classic 'Well, whilst I've gone this far, I may as well...........etc'

Hopefully dash out tomorrow, to be replaced with a nice black one kindly donated by Doc about a year ago......now I've got used to the blackness of the 16V that grey interior just has to go.....

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Dec 2007

i've said it once otday and i'll say it again;

once you've had black
you'll want to stick to it as everything else just looks a bit muckier!
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 13 Dec 2007

:lol::lol::lol:

So true, the dash is the only grey bit left in the TD. Black really is FTW.
Come to think of it, I really should install the Air con in the TD, which gives a perfect excuse to change the dash.

Any chance of a wiring diagram for the air con Vanny?
Me and electrics are not a happy couple!
But I'm determined to make it work so I am!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 13 Dec 2007

Doc... Wiring is easy peasy. You install it mechanically and I'll wire it up for you, including the mod I did to my old AC 405 which would force the AC on when decelerating, and force it off at full throttle.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 13 Dec 2007

:lol: When I sit back in the TD, all the grey feels disgusting and cheap and as you say Vanny....you can't see the dirt!! :lol:
You bastard Doc, I'd love to put aircon in the TD......that bloke Leroy was supposed to keep an a/c kit for me to buy when I next forund myself in London but he got rid of it :(

Will a 'kit' of another PSA car fit does anyone know..e.g. 405/306?

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 13 Dec 2007

yes but no, the aircon blower unit (the bit that sits behind the dash) is unique to the Mk2 BX, and if you aint got the blower unit (or the aftermarket plug in version which is a cock to fit) then you'll be scuppered!

I would imagine the recirc units are unique but there is plenty of room that those off another PSA breed might shoe horn in, after that its pretty much all the same shit!

wiring is a piece of doddle, and probably much like the doc, i have best part of a black interior including a good condition dash. Might as well save it for whn you come to collect the A-pillar, sonner the better as well, the front is off and i want to scrap it :D
ImageImage

stu
Established

Post by stu » 13 Dec 2007

BX Bandit wrote:that bloke Leroy was supposed to keep an a/c kit for me to buy when I next forund myself in London but he got rid of it
Sounds familiar :roll:
Cheers,
Stu

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Vanny wrote:yes but no, the aircon blower unit (the bit that sits behind the dash) is unique to the Mk2 BX, and if you aint got the blower unit (or the aftermarket plug in version which is a cock to fit) then you'll be scuppered!

I would imagine the recirc units are unique but there is plenty of room that those off another PSA breed might shoe horn in, after that its pretty much all the same shit!

wiring is a piece of doddle, and probably much like the doc, i have best part of a black interior including a good condition dash. Might as well save it for whn you come to collect the A-pillar, sonner the better as well, the front is off and i want to scrap it :D
I have the 'recirculating' fan that sits opposite the conventional heater fan and few bits of associated trunking but that sits in the bulkhead so I guess not the bit you mean and thus I'm scuppered....

I could come up some time after xmas if that's not far away for you? Not 100% on dates yet but summat like 29th/30th/31st?

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 13 Dec 2007

when ever really i'm not going any place. I'll have to drag the front of the car out of the way tomorrow/sat so i can work on the rest and the boss wont want it left for too long, and the scrap man is due soon :eek: doc keeps threatening to come up, and if you come up those dates i can offer you a bed for the night!
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Sounds like a plan for getting pissed don't it? :lol: