Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!

Should I scrap my TD?

No you tosser, stop being lazy and fix her up good
46%
Yes dumb ass, do the easy thing for once and buy the blue one
54%

Total votes: 13

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 13 Dec 2007

Ooh, erm, have you still got that caravan fridge vanny? that needs to be collected..... it's about time I started sorting that out. I'm on the lookout for electrics too.

john s
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 13 Dec 2007

have 3 fridges, different types!
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 13 Dec 2007

If you need summat brought back mate then no problem at all :wink:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Dec 2007

David wrote:Doc... Wiring is easy peasy. You install it mechanically and I'll wire it up for you, including the mod I did to my old AC 405 which would force the AC on when decelerating, and force it off at full throttle.
Ooh, sounds ace! Thanks mate!
I can install the hardware no problem at all, but all that wiry shit just looks a mess to me, I have what was supposed to be a complete loom, but I'll be buggered if I can work out how it is a complete loom...

I got the kit from TOM before I was aware of the BXC and hence before I was aware of who Tom is like....

Not that I really need AC anyway, I love the heat, and this country is always bloody cold and wet, but it's another toy, and I like toys!

If you are heading north Bandit then I'll try and make the weekend free and come with if I may. Could be a blat!

I know I keep threatening to come up Vanny, but life keeps getting in the way.... I hate life... it gets in the way...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 14 Dec 2007

docchevron1472 wrote:
David wrote:I got the kit from TOM before I was aware of the BXC and hence before I was aware of who Tom is like....
Now there's an intriguing question, who is TOM like...........you mean they produced others from the same mold? :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Dec 2007

Victor Meldrew and The Grinch spring to mind here w2g.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 14 Dec 2007

Madcav wrote:Victor Meldrew and The Grinch spring to mind here w2g.
Tom makes Victor Meldrew look positively polite.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 14 Dec 2007

docchevron1472 wrote:
David wrote:Doc... Wiring is easy peasy. You install it mechanically and I'll wire it up for you, including the mod I did to my old AC 405 which would force the AC on when decelerating, and force it off at full throttle.
Ooh, sounds ace! Thanks mate!
I can install the hardware no problem at all, but all that wiry shit just looks a mess to me, I have what was supposed to be a complete loom, but I'll be buggered if I can work out how it is a complete loom...

I got the kit from TOM before I was aware of the BXC and hence before I was aware of who Tom is like....

Not that I really need AC anyway, I love the heat, and this country is always bloody cold and wet, but it's another toy, and I like toys!

If you are heading north Bandit then I'll try and make the weekend free and come with if I may. Could be a blat!

I know I keep threatening to come up Vanny, but life keeps getting in the way.... I hate life... it gets in the way...
Bring it on dude...the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned but as it's up to Vanny's I thought it proper not to make invitations to........of fuck it, everybody up to Vanny's and trash the place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

W2G, TOM Looks like a x between Danny Baker and that toss pot ponce Hugh Fearnley Wittingtwat - the poncy chef in dorset, with the exception that he has rather thick true NHS style specs...those big square ones. Discussion of his personality should take place after several pints as heavy humour would apply... :lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Bx Bandit wrote:TOM Looks like a x between Danny Baker and that toss pot ponce Hugh Fearnley Wittingtwat - the poncy chef in dorset, with the exception that he has rather thick true NHS style specs...those big square ones. Discussion of his personality should take place after several pints as heavy humour would apply... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With the mention of Danny Baker & Victor Meldrew does that infer that TOM actually has a sense of humour then or just for physical reference? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

The Danny Baker and HF-W is purely a physical combo representation. I didn't spend long enough to find out if he had a sense of humour although I distinctly remember alot of anal talk about cars and his usual style of playing 'the dictator'.

My purpose for visiting him was to pick some speedlines which he offered FOC...so I asked what he and his wife drank so that I could donate accordingly but he was really adamant that anything would be refused....

At his local - The Dolphin if my memory serves me well, I got a round in for him and DLM trying to ensure I just didn't 'steal' his wheels. He finished the 1st pint and I hadn't noticed cos I was being talked at about interior trim or wheel trim or Tim Trim.....all of a sudden he (TOM) flung down a twenty on the table and said summat like 'I'll pay, someone else can order'.......fuck knows if it was a dig at me for not offering a 2nd pint soon enough but it was kinda typical of how we'd know him from BXC...TBH it was bloody embarrasing.....

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

I continually get the impression that he only likes people who hang on his every word and make the appropriate noises, but if you don't kiss ass....................
1991 BX19GTi Auto

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 14 Dec 2007

Way2go wrote:I continually get the impression that he only likes people who hang on his every word and make the appropriate noises, but if you don't kiss ass....................
Bingo, bulls-eye, and spot on the money there. Tom suffers from Small-man syndrome like you wouldn't believe. Agree with him and there's no problem. Disagree with him and rather than being able to have a reasoned argument, he just becomes aggressively rude.

After the way he's treated me and others, I wouldn't cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire.

While we're on the subject, I hope I'm not coming across as aggressive at all on the BXC "mechanical aptitude" thread, as that's not what I intend at all. It's been a bit of a bug-bear of mine when people refer to "suction lines" in Hydraulic or Aircon systems, so I might be being a tad more forceful than needed.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Dec 2007

:lol: :lol: :lol: The only suction lines I understand have little to do with
air-con, or hydrolliks. More to do with dry bollocks 8) 8) 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Way2go wrote:I continually get the impression that he only likes people who hang on his every word and make the appropriate noises, but if you don't kiss ass....................
Good observation mate...although I have only met him the once, it would seem rather true. Although I have not a bad word to say about DLM, he struck me as rather quiet and it would seem that he is well suited to TOMs company in that sense. Shame, cos I think DLM was a decent fella...

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 Dec 2007

I think DLM has memory issue's. He'll start a conversation, then just stop mis sentence, and start again after a pause taking a totally different tack.. Very odd, but yes, lovely fella.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 15 Dec 2007

docchevron1472 wrote:I think DLM has memory issue's. He'll start a conversation, then just stop mis sentence, and start again after a pause taking a totally different tack.. Very odd, but yes, lovely fella.
Oh God I forgot that...it was surreal talking to him...i kept thinking I'd missed his point and waiting ages for him to continue....

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Dec 2007

:) Never met the guy? Now, where was I? suck jobs?

Or was it Blow jobs/< muttering fucked if I can remember> :roll: :lol: :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 Dec 2007

David wrote:
Way2go wrote:
After the way he's treated me and others, I wouldn't cross the road to piss on him if he was on fire.
I'd cross the road if he was on fire. And chuck a few quid's worth of four star over the cunt. He really is an obnoxious old twat.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Dec 2007

Madcav wrote:And chuck a few quid's worth of four star over the cunt.
Four Star? :shock: You'd actually pay a premium to see him burn in hell. :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 15 Dec 2007

/\ :lol: :lol: :lol: Why not? 4* would go up rather well wouldn't it? :lol: