General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Re: we dont get to celebrate much nowadays so

Post by mickey taker » 28 Apr 2009

Im sorry but I dont like the KA at all , probably because one of the first ones I saw had just been hit up the arse at 50 mph , both rear seat passengers had serious back injuries and they were young girls, the car that hit it had very little damage in comparison
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 28 Apr 2009

I'm struggling to think of one right now to be honest Dave. I don't like the Ka because it's a shitty, rattly, rusty hideous heap of shit. But that's just me.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 28 Apr 2009

I've liked the odd piece of rusty shit before now: the original Fiat Panda. A tin box on wheels that I'd probably have been absolutely fucked in if hit by something else. But a plain little box without any pretensions to being funky or sophisticated, and fun to drive because you had to keep your foot well down on the pedal to made decent progress. Could strip it out for load-carrying in seconds too. Rusted to buggery very quickly.

I used to hate the Ka until I drove one, then changed my mind: it was fun. I drove another that despite being abused by previous owners and then by my daughter was still good fun. Hideously overvalued secondhand, even to the point of secondhand ones being more expensive than the better new deals. I've seen secondhand ones at £800 with a zilch service history for the last 30-40k miles and a totally destroyed interior. It's difficult to bling or barry a Ka though, other than sticking Spongebob Squarepants and his friends in strategic positions inside it, which is what my daughter does to every car she owns.

I just hate the way most cars have "fashion statement" or "lifestyle" written all over them nowadays.
"Im sorry but I dont like the KA at all , probably because one of the first ones I saw had just been hit up the arse at 50 mph , both rear seat passengers had serious back injuries and they were young girls, the car that hit it had very little damage in comparison"
Difficult to think of many small hatchbacks now where the rear seat passengers aren't a lot closer to the rear than they used to be. The original mini started that though. Anything small hit up the arse at 50 mph will very likely suffer considerably, and it's most likely the fault of the person hitting them at 50 mph. I've seen photos of the odd concertina'd Peugeot 106 or suchlike too after a rear collision. Not pretty. Makes you think an old "breadvan" Polo is a good idea as a small car - at least there's actually a zone to crumple.

tomsheppard
TROLL

Post by tomsheppard » 28 Apr 2009

Anybody who doesn't like the KA shouldn't be allowed to drive one. Anybody who
(having driven one) doesn't like the Ka shouldn't be allowed to drive anything.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 28 Apr 2009

First time I had driven one last weekend, and it was surprisingly good fun. Rattley as fuck (Kent engine still?) but quite flingable. Wouldn't buy one myself though. A tad top heavy IMO, although part of that could be down to the driver... :oops:
Image Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 28 Apr 2009

Anyone who drives one needs their heads testing. God awful thing and a slur on Spongebob's name Dave!

I do like rusty shit cars though, that's pretty much all I've owned. I just cannot like the Ka, though I concede the latest model does look smart.

Fashion statement/lifestyles cars suck donkey whang and I cannot believe people buy them tbh.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Apr 2009

Spongebobs name??
Huh?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 29 Apr 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote:. It's difficult to bling or barry a Ka though, other than sticking Spongebob Squarepants and his friends in strategic positions inside it, .
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 29 Apr 2009

God awful thing and a slur on Spongebob's name Dave!
My daughter would say otherwise - Spongebob & friends spent a couple of years without wheels but have found a new home since last summer in a different kind of Fix Or Repair Daily (she likes them).
I just cannot like the Ka, though I concede the latest model does look smart.
Urgh! Not the new one - it's all ugly lumps'n'bumps without a shape as such IMHO. I'm not trying to disagree for the sake of it, I just do on this point.

I hope Spongebob doesn't get a new-shape makeover....that would be really tragic.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Apr 2009

Oh right!
That'll learn me to read stuff proper like!

I'm not a fan of the streetKa, a bit pointless I thought.
I saw a new Ka yesterday, black with silver bumpers, it looked quite cool I thought!
They are fun to hoon around in, they go round corners better than I ever imagined they could, but the engine is well past it's sell by date now really.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 29 Apr 2009

Spongebob must stay the same forever!

There aren't many cars uglier than the original Ka, though the bug eyed Scorpios give it a run for it's money.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 29 Apr 2009

black with silver bumpers? 58/09 plate? wont that be the last of the '900th year of the KA aniversary' edition, old style KA not the new one?
ImageImage

tomsheppard
TROLL

Post by tomsheppard » 29 Apr 2009

Ka received a new engine some years ago. It has 10 more BHP, and is much quieter and smoother than the old one. It is about 15% more economical and (aided by some new gears,) 12MPH faster. The new one has better brakes and seats but is much slower, twice the price and looks worse inside than outside.

Mine, of which I'm proud, cost £5850 including all options except leather (Which is too slippery for the Ka's seats.) 25,000 miles per year of flat out driving (Home to Poole averaging 60 plus every morning,) and it just keeps working. Drives like a Mini should (and loses them in town.)
Above all though it is a thoroughly honest and unpretentious little car that will long be remembered and loved. Design icon, 12 years without a facelift and still the best looking small car ever made. A classic.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 29 Apr 2009

What do you get to the galleon in the Ka? Im frankly amazed at the Micra and its 50mpg - less amazed at its rattle its tits off at anything over 60, but thats only an issue in the evening when I do the M55 run...
Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

tomsheppard wrote: Design icon, 12 years without a facelift and still the best looking small car ever made. A classic.
I guess you like your women with seriously wide rears, the same way you like your cars?

Really, if you want a fiesta, buy a fiesta, hell if you want a fiesta with a body kit, buy a Puma.

Thinking about it, did they ever bother adding rear doors to a KA?

I guess if you where going to have one then a sports injected version would be the best (think about it carefully!)
ImageImage

tomsheppard
TROLL

Post by tomsheppard » 29 Apr 2009

If that's the best you can do, you won't tax this mind. Billy should have gone to Specsavers (although Dignitas would be a better option of course) and If you really equate preferences for cars with taste in women, then you simply aren't intellectually equipped to take the ridicule I could dish out on you. :twisted:

[chin] Last car I saw you in was a poorly lashed together broken down collection of faults (With some nice paint) that kept letting you down and emptying your wallet at inconvenient moments.

I hope that doesn't truly reflect your taste in women but then somebody's got to wind up with the dogs. Glad it ain't me! :lol:
The Carbon look oars improve the miles per galleon, of course but I have to drive slowly to break 50 MPG. At 90 cruise, it returns 40-42 so in real life, it is cheaper to run than my old TZD!

Vanny
Site Admin

Fucking hell you really are a cocky twat aren't you. Didn't take you long to start a fight on here did it!

IF YOU READ what has been written, I didn't actually knock the KA, nor did I knock your choice of cars. Clearly living in France for so long has turned you into a bitter twisted old man. Yeah my BX had its faults, but fuck me it's taught me a hell of a lot (including how to play nice with other people), it was faithful, was ALWAYS there when I really needed it (a jolly down s***h to see how not to drive is hardly a real need), and okay so I lavished it with presents, but it was a child of the 80's and able to take a lot of flack without complaining, all it really wanted in the whole world was a bit of attention and it had a damn solid heart. So yeah, I guess it does reflect a lot about my taste in women and how i feel they should be kept. But then again you haven't seen me at all in what 6 years, and you haven't seen any of the cars I’ve driven recently. . . .

So what, is this the point where you feel weak because I haven't come back with mouth full’s of abuse, and order me to whip my cock out and compare sizes? Child.
ImageImage

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 29 Apr 2009

Calm down, its only a car. :lol: I like the old ones (though I too think it has a fat ass). will probably buy another K11 though when this one expires...
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 Apr 2009

Vanny wrote:black with silver bumpers? 58/09 plate? wont that be the last of the '900th year of the KA aniversary' edition, old style KA not the new one?
Twas an 09 plate.
Looked like any other KA I've seen, except for the weird colour choice on the bumpers, looked good though I thought.

I never liked the Puma, but I would have the V6 Cougar.

As for the rest of it....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What car were you driving back then Vanny? I'm now intreguied!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 30 Apr 2009

tomsheppard wrote: Billy should have gone to Specsavers (although Dignitas would be a better option of course)
Fuckin hell, I just spat coffee all over the computer! :D
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!