BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
mnde
Established

Stuck trip counter

Post by mnde » 02 Feb 2011

I've now got the dreaded stuck trip counter syndrome.

A couple of times before it's got stuck when I pressed the reset button, but I've eventually been able to reset it.

This time it's turned back some way then got stuck tight. I've read some advice on BXC in the thread archive but no amount of pressing the button, flicking it, or letting it ping out will sort it. The thing is clicking on the move, accompanied by twitches of the speedo needle. It's stuck on 130.9 and a half... and the 0 has slipped backwards (down) so it's jammed.

I've been meaning to remove the binnacle to sort out a couple of dead bulbs... but does anyone have any other tips? Reversing while pressing the switch etc.?

I hope mine - being '91 - has the wingnuts holding the binnacle on? [pray]

Does anyone have a spare speedo (140 MPH petrol) I could have?

Cheers,

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Stuck trip counter

Post by Philhod » 02 Feb 2011

Mine did a similar thing a few years back and it's just started again.
Mine wasnt in fact stuck but the pin had become disengaged at the numbers end. I refitted it and wrapped some tape round the guide and it was ok .....until...... :(
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 03 Feb 2011

Most likely to be the cm tongue either broken or bent, or jammed in the rocker.
They can be stripped easily and usually it's just a case of popping things backinto their plastic retainers, however, if it's entirely wankered I do have a speedo head you're welcome to.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

catsinthewelder
Getting Started

Post by catsinthewelder » 08 Feb 2011

My trip jammed up a few months back, I was vaugely thinking about fixing it but in reality it was never going to happen. Then it started making an irritating ticking noise last week, I was going to post on here and ask what to do. Then the ticking stopped and the trip started working again :D

I've still got a spare speedo that Vanny gave me at Gaydon if you do need one, its in the loft at home but I can check later if needs be.