General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Andy Missen

Alloy Wheels

Post by Andy Missen » 14 Jan 2012

Easy Guys, dont suppose anyone knows of the whereabouts of a decent set of alloys do they?(preferably speedlines).K39 has some on at the mo but I'd like to jiiiiiizz my red estate up a bit with those and put a real good set on the afore menched.Good cash is waitin and distance is no prob,Whats the score changin a dash switch, can it be done in sit or does the console have to come out.Advice will be mucho app.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Alloy Wheels

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Jan 2012

I have some square alloys, but all my round ones have long since moved on sadly. And I do mean SQUARE! Even with a half a kilo of weights on the bastard things I couldn't get them to balance at all..
There are / were some expensive alloys on the bay of plenty, but they were too much, and I dont think they came with bolts either. And you'll need the bolts too.

Instrument binnicle switches? Ideally it's safer to pop the binnicle out and push them from behind, but it's easy enough to gently lever them out with a fine screwdriver from the front. Just be gentle and dont force them.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 Jan 2012

docchevron132 wrote:Just be gentle and dont force them.
Unless there already broked, in which case pull until the front comes off, then use a pair of pliers to pull the body out.

Oh and to do them gently, you need to put a flat bladed screwdriver between the body and the binacle and NEVER put force onto the front of the switch.
ImageImage

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 Jan 2012

docchevron132 wrote:I have some square alloys, but all my round ones have long since moved on sadly. And I do mean SQUARE! Even with a half a kilo of weights on the bastard things I couldn't get them to balance at all..
Weigh the buggers in then.
Treat yourself.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 16 Jan 2012

good lord no! One day I'll get extremely bored and get the gas torch to them, see if I cant make them round again!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Andy Missen

Post by Andy Missen » 17 Jan 2012

So I think we give the square buggers a miss eh, keep ure ears to the ground then and if ya should hear of any !!!!.Thanks for that on the switch, the one thats in is bollocksed anyway so gonna try and tease the thing out.EASY All.