BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
smiffy
Centenial time waster

one touch windows.

Post by smiffy » 30 Apr 2012

Vanny old chap, would you be so good as to furnish me with a description how to add one touch windows like you did on Jazz?

I just bought annother TZD (this time with virtually no corrosion), and I'm going to spend the next couple of months doing it up before the MOT runs out on my current car.

Many thanks, J
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Re: one touch windows.

Post by mickey taker » 30 Apr 2012

John , is it not just a case of swopping the switch for one from a peugeot 405 with the raised bit in the centre ?
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 30 Apr 2012

Mickey, you wish!

Smiffy, i'll knock up some instructions at some point. I assume it already has one touch on one side? You'll need to run a single additional wire from the drivers door to the passenger door, and find a second one up one down controller and door loom from another car. DON'T try to just plug the second controller in as it will simply fry the electrics, it needs to be re wired first!
ImageImage

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 01 May 2012

I do already have a second control box and door harness, and indeed switch, but I knew there was an extra wire needed, just not where to put it!

When you plug the second control box in, and sit in the passenger seat, you can make the window go up and down as you'd expect, but from the drivers side you can't control the passenger window...which is bloody annoying!

I want to do this mod to the other car before it goes on the road.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 01 May 2012

mickey taker wrote:John , is it not just a case of swopping the switch for one from a peugeot 405 with the raised bit in the centre ?
No Mick! Not only is the switch different, but so is the wiring harness in the door, and there is a control box too!

On the plus side, most of it is just plug and play, so if you have the parts, and know where to add the extra wire from left to right, it's simples!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 01 May 2012

god knows where I got that from then, sorry John.

I would just like the drivers door window to be one touch
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 01 May 2012

Mickey, making the drivers window one touch is a ten minute job if you have the control box, switch and door loom.
ImageImage