General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Madcav
Site Admin

Stolen bike, please keep an eye out...

Post by Madcav » 21 Oct 2014

2013 Trek 4500 Disc, stolen from Chester 16-17 October 2014. Reward offered for return of bike, it's an XL 21.5 inch frame and has some unique things. Have crime number and police aware, please message me if you see it anywhere, thanks

Imagetrek 4500 aaa by Cavlover1, on Flickr
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Stolen bike, please keep an eye out...

Post by Philhod » 28 Oct 2014

Will do CAV. I have a titanium job I bought 2nd hand fro £40, 20 years back I believe it's worth several hundreds now so never leave it anywhere. Go out for round trip rides only. :(
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Nov 2014

People go mental for the titanium bikes mate, as you say keep it secure!

I don't let my carbon road bike out of my sight now, if I go on a ride it's always visible even outside cafes etc.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 13 Nov 2014

As I said Cav, I only do long rides very occasionally now (getting decrepit), but when I do I take food and drink with me so I don't even leave it at a caff

We need a new emoticon for paranoia 8)

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Dec 2014

I'm due a 40-odd miler next Saturday: Ellesmere Port Eastham Bromborough Birkenhead past side of tunnel then West Kirkby to Wirral Way and back to Ellesmere Port, but the only previous time I did it I got piss wet through and we had a 29 mph wind against us for miles. I might give it a miss!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Dec 2014

:lol: Bone idle you youngsters and youre on the flat (well more of less) Just a warm up distance really :wink:

I have a 200 ft climb in any direction from my house :roll: mind you it's down hill on the way back :mrgreen:

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 11 Dec 2014

Must be a ballache when it rains!
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Dec 2014

:D Not really Mat it carries on for another 300 yards down to the river and canal so we never get any flooding. They stuck a fucking great dam the other side of town a few years back which controls the river to a level where it doesn't flood out.

Having said that, last Jan the flood plain about 1/2 a mile away filled up. :shock:

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 02 Mar 2015

I assume you've had no luck finding it Bilster?

A mate of mine had his bike nicked from his shed in Blacon the week before last, it wasn't anything fancy but its literally his only method of transport, now spending an hour walking to work each way!

I didn't think people still stole bikes, but some of these all singing all dancing bikes are ludicrously expensive, so I guess its not a big surprise.

I've still got my first bike, its purple, super heavy and super stiff! Must be 20 years old at least, i really need to get back on it, but i find the way drivers treat bicyclists far far too scary!
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 06 Mar 2015

Not been out much since November (once) on mine, but I'll be out and about once the weather improves
Still manage about 5 mile walks at weekend although fucking Arther in my knee has curtailed things a bit this last month.
Luckily Wigan is well served by well preserved canals which are ideal for keeping away from those dick eads in cars.
Even going up the 24 locks isn't too bad as the pathway sort of swoops up about 15 ft at each one then a flat bit in between them.
It climbs 230 ft from near my house at the btm, to what is a bit obviously named Top lock at Aspull about 4 miles away.
Even though I still do the Gym a couple of times a week, the best ways of losing a bit of weight and toning up a bit, are biking (enginless) and walking. They cost nowt as well. :lol:

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 06 Mar 2015

Agreed with the way (some) car drivers treat cyclists, but despite that, since getting a road bike at the end of last year I've been doing quite a bit on the road. I tend to ride back home from work most Fridays now, and it only takes just over twice as long as the car, plus saving me £10-15 a week in fuel. (Means we can go in Lana's car every day rather than having to take mine on half day Fridays).
Probably doing more miles now than when I was a teenager, although I've always been into it.
Image Image Image Image