BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Steering Ram as a damper?

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Feb 2008

On me trailer I have slipper end springs, just like Ifor williams trailers. When I'm carrying a mid-weight load, the trailer chassis tends to bounce, just as a car would do without dampers. As i have a spare pas ram knocking about, I was thinking of using it as a damper.
If the two ports were connected together with an in line adjustable valve, would this serve as a variable restrictor, such that the damper can be optimised?
Or would a Mini (proper one :lol: ) damper be about right?
Trailer weighs 300kg
Carries up to 750kg
2 wheel solid beam axle
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 11 Feb 2008

Original mini front dampers are ridiculously cheap, about £6 each (or even less for very cheap ones) I'd buy a pair and shove them on.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 11 Feb 2008

fookin' 'ell they are cheap! Bargain & sorted...fleabay 'ere we come :lol:
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Feb 2008

or find a friend with a fiesta and explain to them that the shocks are forked (regardless of condition) swap them, and offer to dispose of them :D
ImageImage

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Feb 2008

wait not a fiesta there fucking coil over affairs, try corsa's or fiat puntoes
ImageImage