BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Vanny
Site Admin

AFR

Post by Vanny » 06 May 2008

I want to add a stoichiometric ratio monitor to my car.

Air fuel ratio that is, or Lambda sensor to mortals. I've just scored a lovely looking guage, and know where to get the wiring components needed. But where is the best place to put the lambda sensor. Its a four wire job and i guess i needs to get flow from all cyliders so needs to be after the 8 to 2 to 1 splitters. I am assuming it needs to go infront of the front resonator?

Okay that gives me a like 10" section of pipe. The sensor is a good 60mm long (the bit that sticks out of the exhaust that is, so cant go straight up or point straight down, so side entry it is, but which side?

I figure my fitment process needs to be, put car on stands, drill hole, remove exhaust, weld in boss (already aquired), refit exhuast, fit sensor, wire up, enjoy?

Not having a fixed dial, just a plug in connector for when i want to see what going on.
ImageImage

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 06 May 2008

why would you care though? lot of work there me ol' mate, just for a fancy read out, which will be as damn close 1.00 anyway assuming your car is running half way right.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 06 May 2008

1.00 are you mad! 1.14 more like, pfft

anyways, thats assuming that its right, and it stinks of fuel often, so its not right! And i've got enough nouse to know whats going on with it, and i'm very tempted to stick a walbro ECU onto it and then i alone have the power!
ImageImage

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 07 May 2008

ah well if your going adjustable, all bets are off :)
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 07 May 2008

the AFR of a Bosch Motronic system is adjustable any whoo
ImageImage