BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Vanny
Site Admin

bleeding AX

Post by Vanny » 17 Jul 2008

right, AX needed new rear flexi hoses for its MOT which was tomorrow, also needed front brake calipers sorting out as they dont match and one was US. Have swapped everything out but obviously the thing needs bleeding.

Been at it for over an hour and got fucking no where. Doesnt help that the front off side caliper has no bleed nipple (and isnt likely to again). Gonna go get a pressurised one man bleed kit tomorrow morning in theory, but prey tell give me some advice that isn't already in haynes.

At the moment i'm drawing fluid without bubbles through three corners, but the pedal wont go hard and yes i've checked the fluid level.

Just for fun, the rocker cover has given up the ghost and is pissing oil out the back fast! Just what i need to be doing rather than say moving out of my house or applying for a fucking job
ImageImage

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 18 Jul 2008

doesn't matter you misserable gang of fuckers i sorted it, had to drill the old bleed nipple to within a nanometer of its life then scrap the threads out, not nice, but the replacement nipple went in okay. Also got the Gunson easy bleed kit that plugs to s spare tyre for pressurising the system, used em before and there ace
ImageImage