BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

accumulator sphere swap

Post by mickey taker » 10 Jul 2007

I have now got a xantia/ XM sphere but do not think I will have time to do it before Sunday ,

if I put it into my local garage to be done, roughly how long should it take them ?

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 10 Jul 2007

Three minutes, lower car, loosen 12mm bolt on reg body 1 turn, fit chain/strap/chisel to old sphere, loosen, remove, fit new seal into register, screw on new one hand tight, retighten bolt, drive off.
Stewart

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 10 Jul 2007

thanks Stewart ,
I looked on the BX club site and it went on about the suspension being on the right setting and then kind of bleeding it by opening and shutting the valve,

your way sounds much easier

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 13 Jul 2007

well as posted elsewhere the sphers has now been done, thanks for the advice Stewart

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Jul 2007

Where is this elsewhere you speak of????
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 Jul 2007

St Etiene, god you know nothing
ImageImage

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 14 Jul 2007

well it is currently the last post on the ccc national thread but just for you Chris

all sphered up and ready to go,

I'm a cheeky sod , popped into the garage I use to ask to borrow there sphere removing tool (well its not like they use it every day )

Julian the owner said (with a cheeky grin ) " I'm not letting you take it away so you better put the car up on the ramp and I'll do it for you"

job done in no time and cost me nothing but the price of the sphere.

he hadent heard of using the XM / Xantia sphere before but says he will recommend it to any other customers that ask for that job to be done .

I did point out that I was probably his only BX driving customer
to which he replied that as far as he knows I'm the only nutter in the whole of Milton keynes to own a BX !!!!