Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Replace front slam panel?

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Apr 2009

I like Bath alot, but yes, bloody expensive really.
Some cracking pubs though.
#
Adam lived about 5 minutes form my Brizzle residence for a while, but I still never got round to going for a pint wiht him though!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote:Anyone heard from Adamski lately, or know where he is?
He's registered on here in March but is one of the only not to have posted yet to join in the fun! Maybe a PM will trigger a response? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 09 Apr 2009

he's only just registered here, and i assume as a result of the BXC troubles?
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2009

No doubt.
The influx and guest situation is amazing!
At one stage I really thought me, Billy and Bandit would have to dap out and get more chairs, biscuits and tea for all the guests!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 10 Apr 2009

Adamski has indeed just moved to Bath (right in the very centre actually) and is now the owner of my old DTR turbo saloon, hence why I now have his CX 20 pallas. He is (by his own admission, and I hope he doesn't mind my mentioning) somewhat flat broke for the moment, as the move cost rather more than he'd hoped, so I suspect he won't be about for a little while. At least the BX is saving him a bit of cash for the moment.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2009

Bath is a very expensive place to be mores the pity, as it's lovely.

I'm over that way rather alot, really must drag him out for a pint, and keep an eye out for the white DTR instead of the CX!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 10 Apr 2009

And bad place for BXs banging something else up the arse, for some reason, judging by my own experiences with the rear of an Audi last year, and the silver estate sitting at the doc's, whose driver must have been just microns away from the pearly gates courtesy of the back of a lorry. Come to think of it, it's a bad place for cars in general.

Returning to the topic of Bath and pubs aside, there's a cracking independent bookshop just off-centre too (if that's your bag - it's mine and Mr B's is the name of it). One of the few places left in the country where it's viable to run such a thing in a largeish town/city .

Also the music shop on/near Poulteney bridge (Duck, son and Pinker) which makes me think of its old branch in Swansea 30-odd years ago and looks equally eccentric in that unselfconcsiously-uncool-music-shop way.

Skint and driving a BX? What other kind of BX driver is there, in general? The two generally go together like ironic mention of fish and bicycles in the same breath.

If you're on any time in the near future, Adamski, I head in the general direction of Bath from time to time when visiting my brother, though he's nearer Chippenham nowadays in a gloriously-named village near Corsham. I'll gladly stand you a pint if you're up for it. More BX owners not that far to the East, too.