General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Re: urgent help LHM LEAK

Post by Father Ted » 28 May 2009

If I could cart (no pun intended) it oop north, Id give it some lovin. Been a long time since I cranked the arc welder up.
Image Image Image

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 28 May 2009

I'm equally interested, as it would make an ideal first car for my Land-lord's daughter.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Cartman

Post by Cartman » 28 May 2009

right, well this is the current situation.

i now have an R reg passat 1.9 tdi sport, with 12 mths mot and 3 mths tax, 155k, with vw s/h up to 90k, bought from my dads mechanic for £600 (not by me)

it promises to be an everyday run of the mill, frugal oil burner, which is tbh what we need right now. i will be returning to bx ownership before long more as a hobby than a neccessity (if that makes sense :oops: )

i shall not be away from the fraternity at all (if that is acceptable [chin] ) or should i [coat] ?

i will one day own a fleet of bx's and do my own maintainance, but it isnt viable for me to learn to maintain a vehicle i need on a day to day basis.

the car is hopefully going to my dads friend who will sort it out at his leisure, all will come good in the end.
1990 (H) BX 14 TGE 87k TRITON GREEN

chris

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 29 May 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote:
Ring Pleiades on 01487 831239 who will sell you a recon strut at at about £80
That's a very good price - I guess that's on an exchange basis? I know they've done that for some other parts in the past. I have a few sitting around doing not a lot for now.
No that was the supply price (no exchange). :D A couple of years ago at the same time the Citroen price was £250 from the stealer. Pleiades may charge a little more now but you have a benefit in being able to supply the struts for refurbishment so you may even get a better price! :wink: :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Re: HELP - the tge

Post by Vanny » 29 May 2009

Except that Pleiades have, for at least the last two years, not given a shit about customers or supplying parts, infact they are the worst 'company' i have ever had to deal with regarding anything Citroen.
ImageImage

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Gotta say they came through magnificently for me when I was stuck with this car at the side of the road in Surrey.
No one on BXC had a strut to offer/buy and time was pressing and the guy was very helpful getting it sent out with speed. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 May 2009

Vanny wrote:Except that Pleiades have, for at least the last two years, not given a shit about customers or supplying parts, infact they are the worst 'company' i have ever had to deal with regarding anything Citroen.
In the last year and a half I'd agree entirely with that.

So, er, is the TGE up for grabs or not?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 29 May 2009

Way2go wrote:Gotta say they came through magnificently for me when I was stuck with this car at the side of the road in Surrey.
No one on BXC had a strut to offer/buy and time was pressing and the guy was very helpful getting it sent out with speed. :D
and how long ago was that? Before they stopped buying in replacement stock or after?
ImageImage

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Vanny wrote: and how long ago was that? Before they stopped buying in replacement stock or after?
Just under 2 years ago.

I haven't needed to buy from them since so your experience is more relevant for recent times if you and the Doc have tried to buy & failed.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Cartman

Post by Cartman » 29 May 2009

the tge was collected today by a good friend of my dads who is going to put it on the road for his son.

the future is assured, which in my book is a result [clap]

i shall not depart your company, in fact i would still be at stratford, if im welcome [chin] :lol:
1990 (H) BX 14 TGE 87k TRITON GREEN

chris

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 May 2009

Way2go wrote:
Vanny wrote: and how long ago was that? Before they stopped buying in replacement stock or after?
Just under 2 years ago.

I haven't needed to buy from them since so your experience is more relevant for recent times if you and the Doc have tried to buy & failed.
Things have changed alot since then mate.
They dont even keep kunifer pipe anymore.
And I agree with Vanny, their customer support / interest is less than fuck all.
I'd rather set fire to my money than give it to them now.
Which is a shame, because a few years back they were the most helpful of people.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 30 May 2009

I've had a couple of custom parts/pipes made up by them in the distant past, excellent support, made parts to spec with brilliant prescision and next day service! But the last few times i've tried to get stuff i have been finding myself trying to persuade them to do buisness! Sorry state of affairs really.
ImageImage