General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Re: BXClub, what's happening there then?

Post by Father Ted » 13 Aug 2009

and now it would seem he has read this post. I am STILL non the wiser what the fook is up thoigh!
And yes i do have more faces than the town hall clock. You have to have to survive in life in general i think.
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 13 Aug 2009

Indeed.

How do you know that he's read the post though mate?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 13 Aug 2009

Roll on saturday tea time!
If you proceed at the pace you went down there, Sat supper might be a more fitting shout of glee :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Aug 2009

How could he possibly have read this thread, after all, he himself said he doesn't read anything on BXP.
Surely he wouldn't be telling porkies would he?

I mean, it just couldn't be....
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 14 Aug 2009

sweet jesus. I hate 3 bloody mobile phone interweb.
I typed and submitted a reply last night but it obviously didnt post.
Anyway, his facebook status was something like "I have read the posts on BXP and think some people are very 2 faced, boo."

Im kind of assuming its directed at me there, but unless i know what the fook is eating him, i cant really say.
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Aug 2009

Why worry mate? Seems to me he worries about what people are thinking or saying about him all the time, whether you have, or haven't, upset him doesn't matter.

I have to say (through gritted teeth lol) he'd probably be an ok person if he didn't flap over the slightest thing, spit his dummy out a lot and just accepted that banter is banter without turning anything at all said about him into a crusade for his 'I'm the victim' mentality.

This, imho, did him no favours at all and when he dished it out it seemed to make it easier to give it him back because you knew he could give it but not take it. That's pretty much the worse place to be I reckon, the world if full of banter and pisstaking but some just want to play the victim card as it's easier.

I reckon if he just chilled out, went with the flow and stopped being sop fucking precious all the time he might enjoy life and the internet a bit (lot) more. Whether he has it in him to do so I honestly doun't know.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Aug 2009

Whether he has it in him
I thought Doc said he was only a "lifestyle" one really and hadn't actually :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 14 Aug 2009

Madcav wrote:Whether he has it in him to do so I honestly doun't know.
4 years of kicking off on people and he still hasn't figured it out, i can't imagine he's going to change anytime soon. Maybe once he's driven away anyone with any sort of respect for him and he's left with no resource then i guess he might think about it!
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 14 Aug 2009

It's ok, there's a new white knight on the block!

I'm just off to check the service history on Peewit's old BX then I'm off to rebadge my Holden (whatever that means) :lol:

Thanks God for the internet, where else could you encounter fruit cakes like Peewee? :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 15 Aug 2009

Vanny wrote:
Madcav wrote:Whether he has it in him to do so I honestly doun't know.
4 years of kicking off on people and he still hasn't figured it out, i can't imagine he's going to change anytime soon. Maybe once he's driven away anyone with any sort of respect for him and he's left with no resource then i guess he might think about it!
I doubt it TBH.
I remember when he sacked off BXC before, and vowed not to have anything more to do with it, then moments later cam back as Roverman, Location: loving my xantia. As if no-one would notice!

Of course, he's on a crusade to save all the BX's in the whole world of eVaH, gets pissy when anyone takes the piss, and can't take it, therefore really shouldn't give it. Especially in a cloak and dagger approach behind peoples backs and surupticiousley on FB.

AND YET, look at the post score he had as Tim Leech, and the increasing post score as Bankrupt car company Man, of all these posts, how many are actually of any worth?

I mean, is the answer to every car problem "get the mop out"?

In years to come when people look back fondly at these quirky french cars that everyone hated but a few liked and there's limited resource for them, will knowing how to polish paint be as important as knowing how to make the hydraulics work?
I duno...

Like I said before, some of it is just Tim, and the way he is, some of it is about how people, the same people everytime, leap to his defence, or take humbridge at people for daring to mock or question the mighty one.

What I find really funny though is:
His GT wins concours awards, with the wrong bonnet, a hammerited exhaust, inner wings made of baked bean tins and sikaflex and headlamps that aren't quite a perfect fit..

If concours is that slack now, I'm going to enter KMO in a concours, it'll polish up I reckon! and it's all original.
The valver he has is ripe as a pear, I mean, it's a fucking shit box, myself and the Vanster bodged his pipes to get him home from the national, and made it quite clear at the time that it really was only a "get you home" repair. AFAIK it's still got the joined pipes, unclipped and touching other pipes, which MOT man should have spotted and mentioned, along with the fucked chassis legs, arse end of the sills etc etc.

So, really, he's not preserving the cars, he's just delaying the enevitable.
Sooner or later that valver will die through rot.
And I'd fucking hate to be sat in that thing if it had a rear end shunt, I very much doubt there's any strength left in it at all.

Equally, maybe I'm being unfair, after all, my personal standards for mechanical perfection are quite high I guess, and I do often wonder if they are too high, after all, many other people drive round happily in cars that are far worse than mine without problems.. but I like to know everything that MATTERS is A OK.

To me, I dont care if the car is muddy and dull, and pink and looks like a crack addict tramps vest, it doesn't matter, because I know that car will get me anywhere, safely, reliably and comfortably.

Nigel Wilde had it summed up well:
"Here we have two BX 16 valves, one is shiny but broken, the other is muddy but works"...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 15 Aug 2009

docchevron1472 wrote: Nigel Wilde had it summed up well:
"Here we have two BX 16 valves, one is shiny but broken, the other is muddy but works"...
Much LOLage there (still doesnt mean I like Nigel any more though) muddy and working is how i like em too. Been looking at Rover 414,s as a cheapo replacement for the microid, lots of scabby but working examples for next to nothing, unless anyone knows of anything better?
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 Aug 2009

Does anyone know of a better car than a K-series engined Rover? :shock:

Fuck me matey, I'm struggling to think of something worse :D

You probably know what I'm going to say but if you want cheap, you want reliable and you want ease of maintenance, good running costs and cheap parts then you want a Mk3 Astra 1.4. Not fast, not exciting but incredibly reliable, pretty well built and will last forever (especially mechanically) with just basic maintenance.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

yeah, but they [rovers] are a lovely place to sit, all that wood.... Mmmmmm!
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 15 Aug 2009

It's a shame in the way because the 1.4 is quite a lively engine, though a little rough. I had a passenger ride in a Caterham with a K-series 1.4 motor and it went like a bat out of hell to be fair.

For maximum shite factor though you'd have to get the bubble shaped saloon: real Hyacinth Bucket class and it screams 'OAP shite' as you look at it.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

just to update W2G.... Its about 1pm and im still in Wales.... Somewhere in Powys to be exact. Preston seems another lifetime away.

Must strip thw wheels on the trailer - i have a noisy wheel bearing. Bastard sealed hubs though. Ebay here i come....
Image Image Image

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Aug 2009

Father Ted wrote:just to update W2G.... Its about 1pm and im still in Wales.... Somewhere in Powys to be exact. Preston seems another lifetime away.
Not really a good time of day to be negotiating those small roads amongst the Saturday shoppers then? Or has the MiL seen the error of her ways and allowed motorways for the return?

Anyway not long now and you'll be able to catch up on the state of play on the forums. That Kiwi who is so in love with himself is posting reams of absolute bollocks on BXC in BX Chat! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Mwahahahar - you must be fecking joking! Just got back on line on a proper computer - Psycjing myself up to go and have a look on BXC.... Ah fuck it, Im off for a Pizza and some beer instead.
Image Image Image

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Been there, read some of it, lost the will to live!
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 16 Aug 2009

Thats because we dont breathe pure nitrogen....

That clearly gives you the will to live, and spring forth with an alarming amount of verbal diorhea...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance