General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: BX Driver key witness in Diana death trial

Post by Way2go » 22 Sep 2009

Bx Bandit wrote:the puppy died, several birds have died, his ferrets stink and one of them got out and ate a £300 falcon chick, and his surviving chick sees all humans as Mummy and seems to have a sever separation anxiety that causes it to shriek/cry pretty much constantly for various periods of time.
Weren't the RSPCA/RSPB involved before this happened Bandit? :? What are they doing about it after this latest progression of events :?:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 22 Sep 2009

Exactly. If only life could be that simplistic!

Well it can, but it took me 30 years to realise that. Granted it takes a self belief that borders on arrogance.....alright is arrogant.
I worked for a company for 30 years, till one day they said we're off to france. You'll come of course. I said no, they said ok your redundant, I said fine.
I didn't feel fine at the time, in fact quite fearful as I recall, but I made a decision there and then that I would only work for people that appreciated what I was doing (for them) and no way would I stay anywhere longer than 2 years. I did'nt quite make it but had 7 employers in 18 years
I quit on my terms, every job except the first and the last one, if something or somebody didn't suit then I was off elsewhere. Guess what it became easier and easier to get work when people realised I had standards and would'nt compromise them.

I'll grant you it isn't that simple when you have a family and a mortgage on an old house that soaks up money. But then life get's exciting when you don't give a shit.

If you like Bandit I'll come down and shout, as I offered before, only I won't be shouting at the animals, or what's left of them.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 22 Sep 2009

Philhod wrote: Guess what it became easier and easier to get work when people realised I had standards and would'nt compromise them.

I'll grant you it isn't that simple when you have a family and a mortgage on an old house that soaks up money. But then life get's exciting when you don't give a shit.
I'd qualify that - life gets exciting when you do give a shit about things that are important, and don't give a shit about things that are, in the end, unimportant. Which is to more or less include what you said in the first bit above.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 23 Sep 2009

Way2go wrote:
Bx Bandit wrote:the puppy died, several birds have died, his ferrets stink and one of them got out and ate a £300 falcon chick, and his surviving chick sees all humans as Mummy and seems to have a sever separation anxiety that causes it to shriek/cry pretty much constantly for various periods of time.
Weren't the RSPCA/RSPB involved before this happened Bandit? :? What are they doing about it after this latest progression of events :?:
Twas I think the RSPCA that came out after their (other side) neighbour called them regarding the bad neighbours cat (ill with cat flu and nothing been done about it) but the RSPCA gave notice about their visit so he had a big clean up and the RSPCA had nowt to go on.

TBH I just don't want any agro and so I keep putting any complaints off - till one day I'll burst a blood vessel.
What the RSPCA probably didn't know was that both their cats had no shelter provided which IIRC was a big no no..... :x
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 23 Sep 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote:
Philhod wrote: But then life get's exciting when you don't give a shit.
I'd qualify that - life gets exciting when you do give a shit about things that are important, and don't give a shit about things that are, in the end, unimportant. Which is to more or less include what you said in the first bit above.
in qualifing his qualify

regret the things that you never did

not the things that youve done

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 23 Sep 2009

charlie wrote: in qualifing his qualify

regret the things that you never did

not the things that youve done
And if those things you never did are anti-social, well don't regret them or re-visit them! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 23 Sep 2009

I have no regrets really. Never did anything really bad....or good for that matter...mediochre that's me.

No! I have 1 regret. I never got my 911. I had a picture on the wall from when it first came out and swore I would have one someday [no] [chin] [chin]

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 24 Sep 2009

Bloody fragile clutches on those :( , one I had packed up in reverse trying to reverse back up a narrow incline after assessing the ford on the forward route would have flowed into the Porsch had I attempted to cross it! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 24 Sep 2009

:( I would put a new clutch in every week if necessary.l

Douglas Valley Breakers, near me, have a rare turbo body (88/9), with targa top,It's been there for the last 5 years. If I could blag that off him, I really fancy having a go at building my own, with newer motor, G 50 g/box and more modern suspenders. [chin] [chin]

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 24 Sep 2009

Go for it Phil! :D If it has been dead money for the last 5 years then surely any money and the freed space is worth it to him. :?
Good time for you now for such a project. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 25 Sep 2009

I'll come help, I need to get out of Brizzle like you wouldn't fuckng believe right now..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 25 Sep 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I'll come help, I need to get out of Brizzle like you wouldn't fuckng believe right now..
:? I thought this period was to be a good time in Brizzle with your shiny new family? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Sep 2009

P'raps all these wimmin that want his body (well part of it) are not forming an orderly queue!!! 8)

Your welcome to "escape" up here anytime Doc

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 25 Sep 2009

Philhod wrote:P'raps all these wimmin that want his body (well part of it) are not forming an orderly queue!!! 8)
:lol: :lol:

Or p'raps he's hooked himself a bunny boiler? [chin] :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 25 Sep 2009

Feel free to pop round here Doc, i'm mentally bored, you should see the Blue Peter afternoon i've had making 'Merlin1', lots of tape and card board boxes and now he has feelings. But then i left the office, so am mentally bored.
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 25 Sep 2009

/\ go tinker with the valver....or my valver....or yourself.....or the missus....or get pissed and watch a damned good film!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 25 Sep 2009

Jesus Visits Liverpool...
Image Image Image