General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
kitch
Getting Started

Have I been banned from BXC?

Post by kitch » 17 Aug 2010

Finally managed to log in to BXC today for the first time since it went down, on my phone. I still can't login on my computer though, it says I do not have permission to view the webpage??

I've reset cookies etc....just wondered, have I been banned? Never been banned before, is it the IP they ban or the user name?

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: Have I been banned from BXC?

Post by Bx Bandit » 17 Aug 2010

I have had the same Kitch. I've not been banned either, but for some reason the hosting website doesn't like certain 'people'. Use a proxy server like http://freeproxyserver.net/
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 17 Aug 2010

Nope - you haven't been banned - neither me or Chris would ban you! As Bandit says, Stu has the same issue but I don't know how to resolve it.
Image Image Image Image

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 17 Aug 2010

I cant log nto BXC if I use my 3 mobile. Otherwise Im OK.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Aug 2010

As per Mat. I just don't know how to fix this issue, you're not alone. Sadly, whilst Mat and myself are pretty much left to it over there we dont actually control it.
Jim and Xac are aware of the problems but dont seem able to fix them either..
Sorry mate.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 18 Aug 2010

Its down to blocked IP ranges, if it's not down to IP_BAN list in phpbb2 then its down to the .HTACCESS file in the route directory of the webserver. If its a cheap webserver then the admins won't have control over the HTACCESS file, and the ISP won't change whats in there (especially as they probably role it out server wide).

Solution is to split BXClub and put it on some decent hosting, but that particular drum of mine is pretty much worn out.
ImageImage

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 18 Aug 2010

I won't even pretend to understand that!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

kitch
Getting Started

Post by kitch » 18 Aug 2010

Bx Bandit wrote:I have had the same Kitch. I've not been banned either, but for some reason the hosting website doesn't like certain 'people'. Use a proxy server like http://freeproxyserver.net/
That worked! Nice one Bandito!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 19 Aug 2010

Vanny wrote:Its down to blocked IP ranges, if it's not down to IP_BAN list in phpbb2 then its down to the .HTACCESS file in the route directory of the webserver. If its a cheap webserver then the admins won't have control over the HTACCESS file, and the ISP won't change whats in there (especially as they probably role it out server wide).

Solution is to split BXClub and put it on some decent hosting, but that particular drum of mine is pretty much worn out.
It aint an IP BAN list, and is I believe down to the access file. Since the thing is hosted on a home server in some blokes loft then...er.. I dunno mate.

Yes, I agree, it would be nice to split it, but meh, aint my decision..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.