General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Cop show

Post by Philhod » 04 Nov 2010

:) and the slythy toves, did gyre and gimbal in the wabe 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 04 Nov 2010

Seriously - I met a sailor with a boat and he offered to pay me to paint the deck. Never happened of course, not after the Roy Orbison night. I'm sure some people would look back on such a night as the turning point in their life. I have a feeling there's more to come for me.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 04 Nov 2010

Sounds like the Medway is the place for it. I thought Portsmouth and its surroundings were erm.. 'interesting' until I read this thread. It has introduced me to this today: http://www.urbandictionary.com

stu
Established

Post by stu » 29 Nov 2010

Back to the OP, Coppers is absolutely brilliant. Of all the "reality" cop shows, this one tells it how it is - none of the episodes so far have been in my force, but I've dealt with just about everything they've shown - it's very, very true to life. I like the way they let the officers just be themselves, too.
Cheers,
Stu

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 29 Nov 2010

still haven't seen it, I like violence though, and think coppers should use much more of it!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

stu
Established

Post by stu » 29 Nov 2010

Tricky one that.

Most often, they're at jobs where someone is determined to use violence and they're supposed to stop it - good restraint techniques work well here.

Other times, they're out at stupid jobs where people in their 20s or 30s (but rarely older) are behaving like children and you just want to bang their heads together.
Cheers,
Stu

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 29 Nov 2010

^ That's the truth.

I have to say I was left in total admiration at the restraint of the two WPC's I saw assaulted. I do wonder if their reactions might have been a little different without the cameras around (justifiably, in my opinion)? It is a thankless job, and really we should be grateful that we don't have a corrupt Police as in places like Russia or India.

Seems to me that a lot of what they have to do is act as surrogate parents to idiotic kids who should know better. I admire anyone in society who is willing to stand up to these thugs whose selfishness blights whole communities. That Raul Moat thing makes you realise what they/we are up against. The bloke was obviously a nutter, yet because he randomly shot a copper in the face and then hid in a hole like a big muscle headed rat, societies morons decided it was appropriate to cheer him on. They should be ashamed.