BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
charlie
Part of the decor

Re: fogs to be

Post by charlie » 11 Dec 2010

and then some fuckin around

tried it with the yellow headlights and as nice as they are just a bit tooooo showy for my taste so dem are shelved for a show off day !!!

the old bx indicator as a side light was ok

but because now i only had a 5w bulb in the old fog light the flasher unit wouldnt work proper

so put a yellow xantia bulb back into the old bx indicator and that works fine

its all very confusing....

because now

the headlight
fog
indictor
side light

have got the same male / female conector and can be plugged into any interior lighting switch

anyways

after all me fackin around will probably wire in the fog light switch later cause its another button to play with in the car

ho hum....

charlie
Part of the decor

Philhod wrote::D Excellent job Chas. Looks very smart. the glass looks more orange than yellow after you have fitted them. Must be the white background. 8)
they look more orangey cause they were yellowed twice when i was thinkin to use them as the indictor

but ive changed them to a more yellow lens now as im runnin it as the side light now

charlie
Part of the decor

Philhod wrote: Any trips to Poland this winter?
funnily enough not to poland mate but i am off to the capital of slovenia tommorow

4 days fuckin around in ljubiniaannauaaaa

supposed to be very nice

and the beer is fackin cheap

charlie
Part of the decor

Philhod wrote: Send my love to Bandit.
he dont need yer love mate he needs he head examining

cause hes spendin his time bonding with

the siver surfin shed, one mother fucker ship, a battle scared interglatica lump of an moted xm

:wink:

fackin blokes mad as a fackin hatter

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 Dec 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes but I can see why he loves it. Imean I know they have a reputation but they are a lovely car.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 17 Dec 2010

In the end I did get yer luv Phil, and I still ache.............and walk with a limp.....

The XM rides again. Now MOT'd and on the road, the odd teething problem as expected and a it wouldn't be a Cit without a few ongoing concerns, but I've already bonded. It only took a few miles down the motorway and I was thinking "this one smooth bitch". It's so easy and relaxing to drive. I can see why Doc hates Xantias so much, cos whilst they are still a very competent car (and yes, of course a Eurobox) they are a league or two behind the XM. Mechanically they seem virtually identical, but it's a different world.

A bit of a slushmatic experience mind, you really need to drive it OAP mode. A large luxuary liner compared to a spritely yacht that is the BX.

I still maintain I have the better end of the deal. (secretly, I had it all planned :P :wink: )

Charlie did about 90% of the work and Mr Bandit nipped in and just finished her off. But we have a very amicable arrangement and I hope he gets as much joy out of driving it as I have already!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 17 Dec 2010

you really need to drive it OAP mode.
OK. Bloody funny!! I can't do it any other way now, can I? 8) :lol: :lol:

Mind you I've gone all self employed now, as a consultant.
Hopefully off to Libya and Oman in Jan, if I don't get snowed in in Sweden :roll: :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Dec 2010

or snowed in in Wigan!
It's been odd as fuck here, like various places pin pointed ona map have been carpet bombed with snow, whilst everything around said area is totally clear.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 18 Dec 2010

Philhod wrote:
you really need to drive it OAP mode.
OK. Bloody funny!! I can't do it any other way now, can I? 8) :lol: :lol:

Mind you I've gone all self employed now, as a consultant.
Hopefully off to Libya and Oman in Jan, if I don't get snowed in in Sweden :roll: :lol:
:lol: I thought you'd comment on the OAP bit! :mrgreen:
Couldn't stop working eh Phil? My Dad has finally retired at the ripe old age of 68.5! Anyway, at least you can warm your toes a little whilst you're away!

We have about a foot of snow here, quite a lot for us darn sarf. I shall ski to the fucking pub instead and let the beer take care of the way home 8)
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Dec 2010

:shock: :shock: Woke to about 10 to 12 " of the bleeding stuff this morning, so your not wrong there Doc.

They are crossing my palm with silver (and gold) Bandit. I'm afraid it was too good to turn down, given the economic situation.

Ha Ha!! The wife's just come to say bye as she is off to town. You can only see her eyes. More layers on than an onion. Hope the bus is running, they didn't bother with gritting last night but there have been cars up and down our road. :roll:

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 18 Dec 2010

docchevron132 wrote: It's been odd as fuck here, like various places pin pointed ona map have been carpet bombed with snow, whilst everything around said area is totally clear.

same here, took Lee to school in the morning all ok,

11.00 am started snowing quite heavily ( about 1/2 inch settled in 20 minutes 0
so I phoned his school to say I would come and collect him ( its 27 miles away ).

It stopped as I pulled out of my road then 10 minutes up the road it was snowing again but it had only just started there.
drove on for 20 minutes got near Northampton and it was brilliant sunshine.

The school staff gave me some very funny looks until they saw some snow on my car
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.