General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

It's not all snow

Post by Philhod » 20 Jan 2011

Just a few summer snaps from last August when there is a lot of sun instead of snowImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

That last was taken at about 10 pm :D
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: It's not all snow

Post by Bx Bandit » 20 Jan 2011

Does it have periods when it doesn't get dark in the Summer?

Who is the girl with the nose ring Phil? Is that your Grand Daughter? In case that sounds pervvy, I only asked as I didn't know you hada Grand Daughter too.
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 21 Jan 2011

Not pervy mate. If she thought it was you'd probably get a smack :P She is of the Goth persuasion.
Yes that's Johanna all of 14 now. She was 13 then. Big brother Liam is 21 now and Loffe is 8
The other 2 girls on the pic are Rachaels friend Anna's daughter and her cousin. We were at an outdoor rock concert in Kalmar.
It does go dark there as they are only on level with the north of Scotland, but only from about 11-45 till about 1-45 in June.
The period I was there at xmas dawn is around 9-30 and the light is gone by 3. :(

Up in Umeå they get about 2 hrs light at best, none if it's snowing. In high summer the sun gets down to the horizon then sort of just moves along a bit, then starts to rise again Weird 8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 21 Jan 2011

One of my School teachers told us about when he went camping in the north of Scotland in the summer and it never (or hardly went dark) There was some talk of not wearing watches and losing the time of day but I suspect that may of been a wind up.

Rock concert eh? As in dark death Scandinavian rock? I take it all your Grandkids are bi-lingural?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Loffe is, he gets special lessons in english at school as do other kids from other backgrounds, because their first language of course is Swedish. Johanna I took with me. She is Liam's sister and like all english people, can't be bothered to learn any other than english.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 21 Jan 2011

Doesn't your daughter talk English to them mate?

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Them?? Loffe has been able to understand everything you say to him in English for a few years now and Rachael uses both languages when she talks to him.
The result is he is about 3 years ahead for his age in his Swedish, the English lessons are to improve his speaking skills.
I can understand that, because although I can read Swedish quite well now and even follow subtitles on the telly, but my spoken language is still very basic.
I have trouble hearing English, never mind Swedish Which makes things more difficult. Reading allows me to recheck what I've seen cos it's easy to get tenses wrong. :lol:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Jan 2011

Them: Joanna Liam and Loffe

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 22 Jan 2011

Well like I said Loffe is only 8, but is fluent in both languages already.
The other 2, like most of us here just don't bother.

I'm improving (slowly) but that's because I visit more and have time to study :?