General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Got a new pet!

Post by Bx Bandit » 24 Jun 2011

Next doors cat caught a baby bird yesterday (a fledgeling). I thought it was dead so left the cat to it but kept a watch, turns out it was very much alive. So I rescued the bird off the cat and to my surprise it survived. They normally die of shock when caught. So we've nursed it along and he/she is doing really well. It's a little house sparrow, common as muck I know but it's so cute!

It's feeding and drinking well and doesn't appear injured. I'm going to see if it's parents come to it tomorrow, but as it can't fly properly yet I'm reluctant to leave the poor thing go in case the cat gets it again.

I'll post a piccy later - it's resting on my tummy at the moment!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Re: Got a new pet!

Post by Father Ted » 24 Jun 2011

For the love of god dont be tempted to give it a shampoo and set.

I went down to A wing yesterday and discovered 2 pigeons in a box on the wing looking very bedraggled. I asked one of the lags about them and he said they had flown in whn they were very young and they had kept them as pets.... I asked why they looked so bedraggled and was told they had been getting a bit smelly so had been given a wash with T-Gel shampoo :shock:
Image Image Image

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 25 Jun 2011

Father Ted wrote:For the love of god dont be tempted to give it a shampoo and set.
Believe it or not, I'm not tempted (as it hasn't cropt up foremost in my mind!!!! :P ) but if I get bored..................... :mrgreen:

obviously never got round to the piccy but I'll try today
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 25 Jun 2011

its probably making a nest out of bandits belly button fluff as we speak
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

I wish! Either i eat it or my kids pick it out! :mrgreen: Sadly, said fledgling looks to be declining......despite some yummy baby meal worms and leaving it protected but outside to see if the parents turn up, poor birdy is only interested in sleeping, preferably in human hands, but it seems increasingly docile and weary :cry:

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Selfish bastard died :( :( :( :( Kida are gutted - it was dancing around on their tummies this morning making them giggle like fuck! boo hoo

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Jun 2011

:( Animals!! They have no thought for our suffering when they go and die on you. :(
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 27 Jun 2011

:(

catsinthewelder
Getting Started

Post by catsinthewelder » 27 Jun 2011

Thats a bugger, hope the kids got over it ok :cry:

My 4 year old daughers somewhat dim cat got itself run over a few weeks ago. We've been hand rearing her kittens which were 5 days old at the time, looks like we're keeping the 3 that are still with us.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 30 Jun 2011

Aww dude, pets getting run over is bad shit mate. I'm sorry to hear that; is your daughter ok?
It's kinda odd really, both my kids have seen a brace of great grand parents pass away - and they didn't seem to get it.............but give them a fluffy baby bird for a few days and they were both wrecked in tears.

Nice touch to keep the kittens mate, good call in my book. Hopefully your daughter will lavish attention on them and hopefully (slightly) forget the mum!

catsinthewelder
Getting Started

Post by catsinthewelder » 04 Jul 2011

Thats the plan and it seems to be working 8)

She did formulate this idea that Rhubarb (the cat) had gone to London to meet the queen after we told her that she wasn't coming back. Its all cleared up and fine now though and she knows the score.

As a bonus shes being a bit better about looking both ways before crossing the road herself so might be allowed to play on the street again soon.

sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 » 14 Aug 2011

Hi chaps sad to read of your losses, Those kittens are so so cute though at least keeping them will help you and your daughter, Good on you Bandit at least you tried to save the little thing, just think it was warm and cosy with you and looved.
2009 Micra Active 1.2

I miss having a BX but cannot afford one

wanted one healthy 39 year old body as mine is knackered and falling to bits.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Aug 2011

blimey! Hello Aaron! hows things??
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 » 15 Aug 2011

im surviving just m8 you know you just got to keep going lol
2009 Micra Active 1.2

I miss having a BX but cannot afford one

wanted one healthy 39 year old body as mine is knackered and falling to bits.