General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: whoooooooooo!

Post by docchevron132 » 12 Nov 2011

I've been a tad unwell, so haven't much been bothering with th PC, more sleeping, and trying to remain awake long enough to attend my sisters birthday party yesyerday. Which I did, just about..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 13 Nov 2011

:( Sorry to hear your not so good mate. She's been a bit off again too.

Oh that other guy from CCC rang today, Mark Davey. He lives in Peebles (Scottish borders) but is in Birmingham at the car and Classics show today and will be coming back past Wigan tomorrow pm and wants to have a look at K39.
He's interested at the £900 price tag so I should be able to pull around £750 for it.
Here's hoping.
Anyway you get yer feet up mate and recuperate :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 13 Nov 2011

You should get £750 easy I'd have said..
I've been sleeping the best part of the last 3 days, rather bored of it now.. Run out of energy really, haven't been able to eat much the last few days..
I'll be fine in a few days, it goes like this now and again.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 13 Nov 2011

Sorry to hear you're not so well Doc. You need to keep eating and drinking though to fuel your recovery, not least to be able to juggle those heavy weights on the bus again. :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 13 Nov 2011

Fuck all happening in PR5.
I got bollocked over some stuff I posted on Facebollocks so pulled my page.
Other than that not a lot to report.

I could bore you shitless with tales of my new S1 razor or my 1930 Gillette New, but I wont.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Nov 2011

ahh go on Ted!

W2G, I actually cant eat! My stomach is a tad wankered, and little of it is where it should be, it has bouts of being a vile place to be, and this is one of those times, all I can is starve myself for a few days til it calms down then ease some food back in to it. It's not a problem, I'm used to it, but it does make staying awake or doing much a bit of a faff. I was due to go to Mat's yesterday, and whilst I was quite bored I just didn't feel safe driving that far, so I didn't..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Nov 2011

could bore you shitless with tales of my new S1 razor or my 1930 Gillette New, but I wont.
Whew!! That was a close shave [coat] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 14 Nov 2011

Actually Phill.....

But on a lighter note - I was invited by this crowd to the NEC this weekend... Thank christ I didnt go.
Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 14 Nov 2011

:lol: Probably very wise. The guy who came to view the car was on his way back from there.

I posted in the temple about that!!!

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 14 Nov 2011

Philhod wrote: I posted in the temple about that!!!
:roll:
Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Nov 2011

Ah err oh err yes...... Well the short version is he came, thought it looked the dogs. drove it up the hill crunching every gear, then said no as he thought the clutch was on it's way out. this with no mechanical knowledge at all.

Anyway there is another guy coming tomorrow and I just got a mail offering me £800 from the photies :roll:

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 15 Nov 2011

Take it Phil, he'll only try and haggle you down in the flesh!
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:) I'll see what the guy coming tomorrow offers first. He's only from Ormskirk.
Told him I would let him know tomorrow night 8)

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 15 Nov 2011

Good luck with it, there was a (white) TD estate just sold on eBay for £1040ish. 145k and one previous owner and original wheel trims if they float your boat [vomit] ) but otherwise not particularly special.
Image Image Image Image

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Nov 2011

Philhod wrote:He's only from Ormskirk.
Is that a Smiffy relative? :wink:

Sounds like you're not far from clinching a deal & Sweden will be on. 8)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Sounds like you're not far from clinching a deal & Sweden will be on.
Not too sure. Err in doors has had me start to re model the kitchen :x [vomit] Technically the car belongs to Dek as I gave it to him 5 years back. However I will share the proceeds with him, less what I've shelled out, screen MOT etc.
He has done the valet on it after I finished all the jobs and a cracking job he's done of it.

Smifster does indeed hail from there and I still do a bit of q/a for the college there.

I saw that too Mat. I think mine looks better. Red is a better colour if it's right. Did it finally sell at that price?

I said on BXC that I had noticed a general rise in BX prices over the last 12 months. That's how I pitched my price.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Nov 2011

Philhod wrote:Err in doors has had me start to re model the kitchen :x [vomit]
You're on a hiding to nothing there then! Women like new kitchens but they gets stroppy about having to put up with disruption and delays while the work goes on. The most testing time is when they temporarily have to be without the kitchen sink! :roll:

Been there, done that, got the T shirt --- Good Luck! :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 16 Nov 2011

It's only about 5 years since I completely rebuilt and fitted a brand new one from IKEA. A couple of door fronts want replacing but she's decided that she wants the fucking ceiling beams painting matt black FFS.!! She also wants the flourescent light fitting out and a new type one with spots that you aim where you want them.

All very well you may say, BUT. Three of the beams were cut through to allow the fitting to cross them. So I'll have to find some wood to suit, then fit it individually so it doesn't look a cunt. annoyingly the matt black may hide it somewhat.
There is another beam that I fitted back in the 70's when I took a wall out. It's actually a steel beam, clad in wood, but that can't be black to match unless I paint the wall it's in white from pale grey.
They must lay awake at night planning just how fucking awkward they can be :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 16 Nov 2011

Philhod wrote:They must lay awake at night planning just how fucking awkward they can be
Tell me about it! When we put our upstairs bathroom it we had a blank canvas on where to put everything. So she wanted the shower and sink as far away from an outside wall as possible, and didn't want the plumbing to show. To make matters worse, the floor beams are exposed downstairs so there's bugger all space between the floorboards and the plasterboard ceiling strips below to hide the pipes in. Plus the pipework would have to go through each beam as it needed to run at 90 degrees to them.

Ended up removing the plasterboard from the upstairs walls, drilling the vertical studs and putting most of the plumbing through there. Hope it don't leak now it's all tiled up!

To top it all off the waste pipe had to run through a 4 foot thick wall, and the longest drill bits I could find were 'only' a metre long. There are no windows in the room, so no point of reference as to where to start from the other side - so had to make rather a large hole on the outside...
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 16 Nov 2011

:lol: If you have a laser rule you can make feference points and measure from that.

Mind you I notice you used those small dynamite sticks as you had no drill...good job! :P

I ran all my feed and drains like that when I did my bathroom. I used plastic push in for the drains and copper push in for the feeds. I linked up to the original drains (same type) that I put in 34 years ago when I rebuilt the house and it hasn't leaked yet. 8)

Fortunately, as a late Victorian job, my house has planed 12"x 3 1/2", which means that I have around 11" between the underside of the upstairs boards and the ceiling below.
My walls are 9" thick english construction, so I lined the walls using polystyrene on a roll, battened it with 3/4" thick battens, then used aquaboard to line it. This made room for the pipes to go behind the boards, which I then tiled.
The ceiling upstairs was 9ft 8" from the floor, so I built a frame and lowered the ceiling to 8ft. I finished the ceiling off by cladding it with tongue and groove plastic planks 300 x 12mm.
The floorboards were good but rough and not very even, so I layed that fiber stuff and then used a waterproof pale ashh laminate to finish.
The woman is totally spoiled. :P