General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Re: BXC Forum

Post by Way2go » 07 Apr 2009

Yes welcome, Phil. :)

I must say I didn't expect to see you move on to here before they had turned the lights off and locked the door on BXC. :?

Anyway, hopefully Jon can redecorate the place with mods who can at least communicate with their members. I know you remember that I referred to you as Imperial once :wink: but that new regime over there racked several notches up and became unacceptably Autocratic. [coat]

This is recreation after all, and recreation should be fun. Here on BXP it is! :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 08 Apr 2009

God, I'd forgotten how on the money Tom could be!
Bang on mucker!
And Billy, also bang on!

WElcome Phil, I must say I a tad surprised at you not only signing up here, but also posting your original post on BXC that got pulled, followed by your next thread that got pulled, closed the site and then came back again!

Cant say I was surprised that Leechy made lots of noise about your being banned and it was clearly a technical mistake etc etc.
The fucker didn't make any noise at all about the rest of us though, and then he's got the bare arsed cheel to say "oh, I didn't know david r and doc had been banned aswell", course he fucking did, he read the parts bin thread, in which I posted a list of the banned at that time.
Self serving freeloading moron.

I forget Tom's description that he posted over on BXC now, but it was fucking gold!
The man should be given a knighthood for that!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Chilip Phidlow
Getting Started

Post by Chilip Phidlow » 08 Apr 2009

And innocent it may have been but: Susan D's comment: oh and another question.... is the person in the moderator thing at the top of the page called Ellevie one of the girls on here that Tim was on about ?

I only say that because ( if I remember my gcse french ) that means
"she lives " or have I got the wrong end of the stick ?

That didn't get pulled. But would've done if any on us had said it. Made me laff.

Chilip Phidlow
Getting Started

Post by Chilip Phidlow » 08 Apr 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I must say I a tad surprised at you not only signing up here, but also posting your original post on BXC that got pulled, followed by your next thread that got pulled, closed the site and then came back again!
My first post was a poll and that really precipitated something. I think Mountainman was the only one to see it - but maybe you did too!? It was intended to prevoke a response - but maybe I was hoping too much that it would be allowed to remain longer than 0.5 seconds.

As it is, it's water under the bridge. Glad Jon's back.

Hands up time: I have been guilty in the past of believing the BXC forum would (should?) be a BX-fan's utopia where the common interest would bond all and sundry in some sort of dream-like state of euphoric community. Well, perhaps not that extreme, but you get my point. I have undergone a kind of 'cummulative epiphany' and of course realise it's unrealistic to expect it to run even as smoothly as it did. But then came the moderation from Hell which TBH almost fatally wounded the BXC. It'll never be the same again, but that's not such a bad thing. Just different. If members want a 'free' forum where almost anything goes - and importantly the members EXPECT a hard time sometimes - where difficult 'truths' and abrasive responses are posted then the BX Project exists for them. It seems to perform a sort of 'balancing' function - (watch out cliché coming): a YIN and YANG affair if you like.

I had been considering joining the Project for a while, but worried I'd be tarred with the same brush (unfairly I think :D ) as (in particular) another member of the BXC who is less, well, pragmatic?! :lol: I try not to bad mouth anyone. But doesn't mean I can't fit in here. I have a 'B' in Advanced Swearing, took a course in Utter Gobshite, subscribe to 'Fat Bastard' Monthly and have also joined Bullshitting Bastards Anonymous.

After all, what's the point (seriously) of having two Forums the same? And trying to behave the same on both too? If I had enough hair, I'd be letting it down. This looks like it might be fun.
Last edited by Chilip Phidlow on 08 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 08 Apr 2009

as you say Phil....(sorry, Chil :wink: )....I was probably one of a very few who actually saw your Poll. From there, everything happened SO quickly, that the PM I sent you, and your reply, only actually reached me AFTER the board was reinststed by Jon! I had a nice email telling me that I had a PM waiting for me at BXC, but couln't access it!
At least I had the sense to save my reply to your Poll in Word, before posting it! Two minutes later the whole BXC had gone, so I posted a copy of my reply over here!! :D It DID actually make it onto the BXC thread, 'cos it's still there now!

I think that it was probably the last straw that pushed Ellemorte off the edge, once he realised that it was not just the "vocal few" who were arguing against his new Nazi Reich, but even the quiet majority, demonstrated by yourself and moi!

Still, it's all history now, and the BXC is back again, in it's safe original hands (Cheers Jon!). I still frequent the place, and will continue to do so, as the points I made in my response to your Poll still hold true! However.....it is exceedingly good fun to come over here too......a bit like leaving the office andgoing down the pub. You still see the same people (in the main), but you can converse with them on a totally different, more free, level. Also, a few of the more annoying "office boys" dont have the bollocks to come down the pub....which makes it even better! :wink:
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 08 Apr 2009

mountainmanUK wrote:However.....it is exceedingly good fun to come over here too......a bit like leaving the office andgoing down the pub. You still see the same people (in the main), but you can converse with them on a totally different, more free, level.
Exactly. A bit like (in my case) the difference between going to the pub with the missus, or going out on the piss with the lads. Each enjoyable in their own way, but it's good to let your hair down from time to time without worrying about who might be offended by what you say.

I don't tend to form opinions about people who I haven't got to know well, plus I'm very laid back so I find it difficult to get 'wound up' about the "certain members" on BXC that annoy quite a few people by the sounds of it. As far as I'm concerned if it doesn't directly affect me then it doesn't bother me. What I didn't like is the fact that it was beginning to seem like actually disagreeing with someone was becoming frowned on!

(Hi Phil by the way!
Last edited by mat_the_cat on 08 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 08 Apr 2009

Going to the pub with the missus is actually not enjoyable in my experience, least not since our younger days!

BXC is a great place but the old cameraderie days have long gone in my opinion and there's a good reason for that.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 08 Apr 2009

And it's because Tim has pissed so many people off in my opinion.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 08 Apr 2009

:) :) :) That's exactly the point Cav... it's your opinion.. end of. No one has to agree with you and anyone is free to disagree. Most will think up some really clever repartee and some of those threads are really funny. Some times it will get as clever as "fuck off"

I've spent most of my working life working as part of a team, usually leading or managing them.

Always, and I mean always, the best and most productive teams and certainly the most fun to be involved with, are the ones where the "banter" runs thick and fast.
Teams in those situations will literally do anything for their mates.
In special forces teams, this "banter" is actively encouraged.
So enjoy our forum if you're new and enjoy the freedom also [wave] [worship] :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Apr 2009

Chilip Phidlow wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:I must say I a tad surprised at you not only signing up here, but also posting your original post on BXC that got pulled, followed by your next thread that got pulled, closed the site and then came back again!
My first post was a poll and that really precipitated something. I think Mountainman was the only one to see it - but maybe you did too!? It was intended to prevoke a response - but maybe I was hoping too much that it would be allowed to remain longer than 0.5 seconds.

As it is, it's water under the bridge. Glad Jon's back.
Yeah, I saw it, and then it went.
Fair play on having a further stab at it though. You were the only one of the "leech camp" (sorry to call it that and all, but ya know what I mean, it's always been us and them so to speak) that had the balls to stand up and say something in public.

Phil (er, Phil Chidlow, as opposed to Phil Hod! wrote:Hands up time: I have been guilty in the past of believing the BXC forum would (should?) be a BX-fan's utopia where the common interest would bond all and sundry in some sort of dream-like state of euphoric community. Well, perhaps not that extreme, but you get my point.
Thats the point Billy kept trying to make though isn't it?
BXC had an incredible spirit of selflessness, where we'd all help eachother out, and not expect anything in return for it.
Tim rather turned it into a business, which soured the vine.
All this "I saved it from scrap cos no-one else wanted it" is utter crap.
The green hornet for example. I know of three people that wanted it, me included, but Tim beat us to it. Ok, thats life and all, and as it goes I found a better car not long after, but to say "look at me, I saved another car no-one wanted" is shite. He was just quicker than the rest of us, since some of us have a life and dont spend 24hours a day on BXC endlessly hitting "refresh".
Phil wrote:I had been considering joining the Project for a while, but worried I'd be tarred with the same brush (unfairly I think :D ) as (in particular) another member of the BXC who is less, well, pragmatic?! :lol:
Careful Phil, you'll be tarred as a bully ya know!
Phil wrote:I try not to bad mouth anyone. But doesn't mean I can't fit in here.
We all bad mouth eachother here, and it's accepted, because we all know it aint meant in malice, as said by others here, it's like going to the pub with your mates and ripping the piss out of eachother, but we all wear long trousers and take it in the manner it's intended.
Equally, the "do anything to help a member out" philosophy that once existed on BXC is now very much alive and well right here.
I'm fairly sure that of the many many parts that have changed hands here, no-ones been charged any money at all for them, we do it cos we like eachother!

Phil wrote:After all, what's the point (seriously) of having two Forums the same? And trying to behave the same on both too? If I had enough hair, I'd be letting it down. This looks like it might be fun.
Non at all, but this place has never, and will never, be like the BXC.
This place is what BXC SHOULD have become when there was nothing left to say about BX's, but it didn't, and suffered for it.
Very few posts over here have owt to do with BX's at all really, and even if a thread starts off about BX's, it dont stay that way long!

Fun it is, and shall remain so.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2009

Wise words Doctor Do Little. Hi Phil! How are things?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Chilip Phidlow
Getting Started

Post by Chilip Phidlow » 09 Apr 2009

Doctor Do Little - :lol: :lol: :lol: Wise words indeed.

How are things? Not brilliant, people don't pay up on time these days and I feel poor and demotivated. BUT I did over 1,000 miles in my BX in the past three weeks. So life's not too bad (even though I'm getting 31 mpg and an empty wallet as a side-effect!).

ed4ferrets
Getting Started

Post by ed4ferrets » 09 Apr 2009

Greetings you fucking bunch of reprobates! How the fuck did you get promoted to site admin Billy, hate to think what bestial deeds you had to perform.........
By the way my daughter did end up with a Cinquecento, regrettably not yours though.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Hello Ed, er, welcome, again!
The dark side has a strong draw huh!
Hows getting on with that Xantia?
I keep meaning to get over to dothat, and then, er, well, dont.
I've been a bit busy inbetwixt being rather unwell lately I'm afraid.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Chilip Phidlow wrote:So life's not too bad (even though I'm getting 31 mpg and an empty wallet as a side-effect!).
I've been using the valver for about a month now, since some tinkering has been required on the tD.

In that month it's done 5K miles, and overall averaged 36MPG!
And I've been hooning it about a bit.
TBH though a vast majority of that milage has been motorway stuff, so it looks better I guess!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Chilip Phidlow
Getting Started

Post by Chilip Phidlow » 09 Apr 2009

An auto will suck the fuck out of economy I guess.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Oh god yes.
If you can keep it in top or third they aint too bad though.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Apr 2009

Greetings Ed! I'm not actually admin, that thing by my avatar was changed when Vanny was on holiday once by an insider!

Cheekybento went last weekend to a bloke from 50 miles short of Scotland and he drove it back in one hit. Never thought I'd say it about a Fiat but it was a great little car with a bit of character.

Anyhow good to see you over here mate.

prm

Post by prm » 09 Apr 2009

I was beginning to think I had a contagious disease not seeing the regular posters on the BXC recently. My AIDS test registered negative.

Knock-Knock can I come in??

In all the years I’ve been on the BX forum, and that’s some, I have never seen so many good members banned on mass. Dear Alan S, and Anders, always agreed to disagree with no ramifications.
In my personal opinion, the mods have been totally out of order. Let’s hope it can be resolved.

I really don’t mind the piss taken out of me!! But in the words of Kevin Bloody Wilson ---- Dilligaf.

Regards

Pete

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2009

Good god are we giving these BXP memberships away? Hello, er [chin] let me see...oh, yes, there was Jiminey Cricket [clap] Ed The Funk [clap] Chiddly Pudlow.....oh wait, I've already said hi to you and I ain't doing it twice in the same week! :P
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die