General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Turbo(t)!!

Post by Fish_Botherer » 09 Apr 2009

Nothing technical, just throught I'd semi-hijack Bandit's post name & see if anyone bit.

Turbot. Large Flatfish. No Wastegate or vanes, but some fins. Normally found lurking behind sandbank rather than XUD lump. Ingests and compresses sand-eels rather than air. Very tasty & expensive so stocks have been rather hammered. Lubrication by means of salt water.

Goes like stink, though (I've been told - have only experience of low-end models).

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Turbo(t)!!

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Apr 2009

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But do they taste good?
Not that I'd know, I dont eat fish either.

Although I do eat fascist dictators for breakfast!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Probably available at a restaurant somewhere in Bath, but don't know where the finance would come from nowadays as the banks aren't making loans nowadays. Said to be like chicken, except better.

A large bowl of Muesli and 2 large strong coffees for me in the morning. If you're not careful the Fascist dictators repeat on you...

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 09 Apr 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote: If you're not careful the Fascist dictators repeat on you...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

& silently chop off your limbs! :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 09 Apr 2009

:evil: from inside!!!!
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Apr 2009

If anyone tries to eat my fish I'll get my cats on you. Mind you there's probably not much meat on a Silver Dollar fish, a Columbian Red Finned Tetra or a Discus fish!
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 09 Apr 2009

When we last had a moggy, we also had a tankful of Cardinal tetras (and a few neons and Zebra tetras)....briefly!
Came down one morning, tank lid on floor, empty tank...and a cat with a VERY satisfied look on her face! :shock:
Now that cat could have been a real "Fish_Botherer"!!! :D
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 09 Apr 2009

Fish_Botherer wrote:Nothing technical, just throught I'd semi-hijack Bandit's post name & see if anyone bit.
You carry on mush! Thread hi-jacking is de-rigeur, obligatory, essential, a necessity to keep banter and piss taking!

Are you actually a fish lover type of fella then Dave?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK » 09 Apr 2009

Not these days, El Bandito Boyo!
Just got the ONE goldfish in a big octagonal tank now. Have had quite a few tropical setups in the past, and Ive always fancied a full marine setup. I doubt that I'll ever go down that road now, due to the costs, and work involved in keeping 'em in good order.
The BX, the wife, and the kids are quite enough of a nandful to keep my busy :D
"If it has four legs, wags its tail, and barks...the chances are...it's a dog!

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

/\ I wasn't asking you MM but as you've answered anyway I'll confess I'm dreadful with maintenance (on the fish) and had my son not burst into tears when I mentioned I might sell the tank it'd be gone months ago and a MiG set would be sitting nicely in it's place.
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 09 Apr 2009

If you can get a fighter jet in your house Bandit I'm coming to stay!

Just got rid of two coldwater set ups on Freecycle. Now my lad has a cracking one in his room with a couple of goldfish, two large and one small Blackmoore, a weather loach and a couple of black widow fish.

My daughter is having my tropical c/w Silver Dollar, Discus, loach and Columbian Red Finned Tetra and finally I think my first marine set up is cycled. Can't fucking wait to get some fish for it.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Woah you a fish keeping dude dude?! It's something I've wanted for ages, had one for 2-ish years and feel it's a passing phase. I couldn't do marine but I'm envious of those who do, especially a lo-life piece of dribble like you!

edit: BTW, :lol: a fucking MiG in the house! I wish, but you can come stay mucka!

Fish_Botherer

Am I the only one here who doesn't keep fish?

Well, most of them go back in the briny, but the odd one does end up on my table.

Quite a lot of sea anglers I've met do have a fishtank too (with some fish in it): for some reason the ones who DO eat nearly all that they catch are most likely to have a few neon tetras and the like. I don't think it's a snacking thing, though...

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 10 Apr 2009

I have no fish David.
None at all.
Not even on teh table!

Blimey this is getting complicated aint it!
We have David MM
David Rutherford
David DLM.

Two of you will have to change your name by deed poll I reckon!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 10 Apr 2009

im told fish and fishin are good for u

so much so that

on the eighth day, late afternoon, god was a bit bored

and he thought fish, especially fishes beginning with T, trout turbot, and this made him feel better

so he went off and took the shape of a bull and fucked some poor maiden senseless

its true cause a bloke i know who used to work on a deep sea trawler told me so

yep

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 10 Apr 2009

Well I'm just back from a fish shop. One hermit crab (he's cool as fuck), one shrimp and a blue something or other.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 Apr 2009

:) Yep. Good friday. Hot x buns fer brekkers, Fish (chips and peas) for t

Aint I the good Christian
[no] [no] Just love em both

I like fish as well boys... but on a plate like, not in a tank.

Although that's not a bad idea.....I could just "fish" one out when I got hungry :lol: :lol: :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 17 Apr 2009

Madcav wrote:Well I'm just back from a fish shop. One hermit crab (he's cool as fuck), one shrimp and a blue something or other.
Shrimps are ace mate - I had a pair of mountain shrimp and were really cool. I think they shed their skin as at one point I thought one had died, but I still had the two! They did eventually die though :cry: I'm not convinced this fish keeping lark is for me really!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 17 Apr 2009

mountainmanUK wrote:When we last had a moggy, we also had a tankful of Cardinal tetras (and a few neons and Zebra tetras)....briefly!
Came down one morning, tank lid on floor, empty tank...and a cat with a VERY satisfied look on her face! :shock:
Now that cat could have been a real "Fish_Botherer"!!! :D
like to see how your cat would have got on with my babies

the ranas are ten inches long now ( Steve and Brenda) and the plecostomus catfish
( Catherine ) is a hefty 16 inches

I keep having to tell Steve not to play with his dinner :lol:

Last edited by mickey taker on 17 Apr 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 17 Apr 2009

couple of pics of me tropical tank

Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.