General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: BX challenge

Post by Bx Bandit » 20 Apr 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I'm not worried about it as such, it just disturbs me when I'm plugging away at the bus and these diseased cows keep staring at me like they want to strip me naked and ride me like an otter!
Ah yes, the otter/cow confusion amidst TB! :lol: You'd make a lovely otter my furry friend xx
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 20 Apr 2009

Harness them to a block and tackle and you'll have an environmentally friendly lifting machine for all that heavy stuff on the bus. :wink: You might have to work at the language though, I don't know what their understanding is of "start" and "stop". :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 20 Apr 2009

Bx Bandit wrote: : You'd make a lovely otter my furry friend xx
think I'll stick to beaver :lol:
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 21 Apr 2009

Philhod wrote:It's actually the cow shit I'd be more worried about :roll:
As one of the massive perks of the job I currently have, I get to work with a 100 tonne tank of cow poop, use chopper pumps and pipework in cow poop, service and modify various bits of kit that process cow poop, remove and clean pumps that have been in cow poop, and every now and then I have to stick my arm in partially digested cow poop to recover various other bits of kit from the digester.

Lovely.

Actually, the pumps and pipework that have had Lactose through them are far worse. Lactose is properly disgusting.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 21 Apr 2009

One of the worst processes for orrid niffs is stuff that's been working in an animal foodstuffs plant...fair makes you heave.

Just a point David. If you have to do that they have to supply those big vet's gloves, that go right up to your shoulder, as there is a danger of Hep B, which you also should have had shots for.
Secondly all pumps that come in for service should have been de gassed and have a data sheet with them, recording what has been through it.
It's a dangerous game, maintenance, David, I spent 30 years sorting peoples messes out and I saw some nasty accidents, one guy lost his knee through a pump exploding through not being de gassed. :x

I actually meant the "special" cow shit, at Doc's farm. Now that is fucking dangerous :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 22 Apr 2009

David wrote:As one of the massive perks of the job I currently have, I get to work with a 100 tonne tank of cow poop, use chopper pumps and pipework in cow poop, service and modify various bits of kit that process cow poop, remove and clean pumps that have been in cow poop, and every now and then I have to stick my arm in partially digested cow poop to recover various other bits of kit from the digester.

Lovely.

Ok, I know that is written and all, but I'm sensing a tad of sarcasm there mate?!
A perk I would not call it!

And yes Phil, the shit at the farm is rather, er, special aint it!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.