General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Re: Hello campers hows things

Post by Father Ted » 05 May 2009

Shit, I thought I was doing well on 12 tablets a day - but sadly I dont sleep so good.

Micra developed melted H4 connecctors yesterday - bodged for now, but will be wiring in some ceramic ones when they arrive.
Apparently Nissan felt cheeseium was a sufficient material to make these out of first time round.
Image Image Image

sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 » 05 May 2009

your poor micra has a few electrical issues hmm me thinks the previous owner probably did a few dodgy repairs somewhere as the wiring on the micra is prety good usually without issues, mind you if your H4 connectors have melted check the bulbs as people often fit bigger bulbs I have had this before.
2009 Micra Active 1.2

I miss having a BX but cannot afford one

wanted one healthy 39 year old body as mine is knackered and falling to bits.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 05 May 2009

There are lots of issues with this one, like the fuel gauge - she lie.. she say I have 1/4 tank of go go juice when there is none...

The sun roof cable snapped when I was winding it closed - a few frought minutes with a BFO screwdriver and lots of pushing got it closed again - though I was worried in case I broke the glass.

Still, it has MOT till December and if it gets anbother one I will be gobsmacked and just carry on running it as it mega frugal on the juice. Still got my eye on the neighbours - I just hope that she isnt tempted by this crappage scheme thing to buy a new Corsa as I was going to offer her whatever the trade in is ( but not 2 grand...) I do however have a hankering for something small and sporty - like an XR2 or maybe a 1300S Micra... Would have to be uber basic though - which Is why im thinking Mk2 XR2 or K11s and so on - plus I need to be able to fill my boots for less than a grand, which pretty mych excludes all the XR2's ive seen - unless I go down the 1.1Popular Plus route with a 1600 x flow dropped in - but I doint like that myself, not from the insurance POV, I just think its so obvious when a base model has been made to look like a more upmarket one (all the zillions of Mini Cooper clones being a case in point - I mean I saw a nice 1984 Sprite advertised - lovely I thought, I used to have one of those, would like another - only its been fooking cooperised with bloody bonnet stripes, minilites and so on - great you cant get the Sprite side decals for love nor money and even 10" special alloys are getting scarce now....

So - either dont mess with it, or buy a proper one to start with. The go faster stripes on mine are hiding some well shonky paintwork on the bonnet. Plus they make it faster... Honest...
Image Image Image

sleepy0905

Post by sleepy0905 » 05 May 2009

Hmm they must be magic stripes sounds like yours has had a really rough life, the only damage to mine is the O/S front wing the previous owner was turning right and i delivery driver decided to overtake so it is a bit corrigated but that can wait.
The jobs i have left to do are the N/S outer cv joint is shot but it can wait till my hands are up to it then it will get a really good wax.
2009 Micra Active 1.2

I miss having a BX but cannot afford one

wanted one healthy 39 year old body as mine is knackered and falling to bits.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 05 May 2009

Ah yes the Mk2 Fiesta. You're good with welding I take it?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 06 May 2009

Oh god! Kate had a thing for Mk2 Fiesta's.. Flipper, the first mk2 got rebuilt (by me) several times after various prangs, end even though I dont claim to be a welder of any description I did a pretty good job on it (being hers and all like), and yet every bloody year I'd have to set the MiG to it.
The XR2 she had after was just as bad, endless welding, usually in the most inaccessible arsehole stupid places EVAH.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.