General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

BOLLARDS

Post by Philhod » 09 May 2009

:x Bent the front of me Picasso yesterday afternoon.

Get to new company, they have 5 descending bollards fitted across the front of their entrance.
Pull up in front of bollards, get out press buzzer, auto voice comes on "Bollards descinding wait for green light".(repeats).
Get back in car wait for green light, can see them going down to my right, (can't see those in front of me too low down)
Green light on 1st gear, let out clutch....BANG.
The ones on my side didn't go down....Front placi panel /grill gone, tip of bonnet gone, radiator suitably pierced by clutch bleed nipple. Any way it's in Rigbye's now awaiting repair.
Insurance company have sent me a space ship to drive about in, meanwhile....................

A Toyota Prius. Bloody technology gone mad,........ touch screens everywhere, electronic key electronic autobox. All computer controlled, it has a 1300cc engine and a powerful electric motor and keeps switching between the 2, if you stop for more than a few seconds, all stops, and starts again when you press the right hand pedal. If you put your clog down hard it hangs on to the gears and reaches the magic 60 in as little as 8 secs.....
So I'm told :shock:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Re: BOLLARDS

Post by mickey taker » 09 May 2009

but its fucking ugly
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 09 May 2009

:x Yeah all the front stove in Ha Ha Ha !!

Err no I mean err... driving a Picasso I can't call any car for being ugly really,, now can I???

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 09 May 2009

Given that the green light came on before it was safe to cross these bollards, are they going to be liable for this damage Phil?
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 09 May 2009

That Rigbyes up at Eccleston? i once went out with a nurse from there, untill her husband chased me out of the pub with a loaded 12 bore.

Sue the buggers for whiplash too seing as its clearly their fault. And for the emotional anguish of being given a Prius.
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 May 2009

Indeed, I rather trust you'll be claiming for everything you can off this here company?

Ahh, the Prius, the most environmentally damaging "green" car ever.
Only driven the one, and that was a short distance from the depot to the bus station, but I thought it was a horrid thing to pilot.
Fucking odd too when running on the leccy motor, too quiet.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 10 May 2009

I was absolutely livid. Someone told the MD I was waiting for him and he didn't come back

Will hit him with the bill instead on Monday. I can't believe how much damage you can do in the space of about 5 ft.

The Prius I have is the new T3, It drives much better than the one I drove a couple of years ago. Fucking touch screens and graphics everywhere though are distracting (must watch out for bollards)

Aye it is a bit odd when you are squirting along with no noise, then everything cuts when you stop and then it just fires off again when you press the right hand pedal.
It's got one of they foot hand brakes an all a la Merc :roll:

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 11 May 2009

How wank are those handbrakes? My GMC has one and I can't be arsed using it so just leave it in 'park' and bollocks to the handbrake. Doesn't the XM have them too?
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 11 May 2009

:) Actually I don't find it a problem being auto. It'd be a bit of a bastard with a manual though.

Sadly I'm beginning to enjoy driving it, :shock: It handles pretty well and smoothes out the bumps very well.
I thought the Picasso diesel was quiet but this thing takes it to another level entirely

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 12 May 2009

Oh dear god Phil, where will it end?!

Yes Billy, the XM also has a wank foot operated park brake.
Mine was auto, so I never used it, but by god they are shit on the manual ones.
My mates bought a Ford C-max for his wife, that has an electric park brake, and guess what? Thats shit aswell!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.