General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Madcav
Site Admin

Favour wanted please.

Post by Madcav » 09 May 2009

Can someone find who designed the Mk3 Transit and go round and kick his fucking teeth in for me please? Thanks.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Re: Favour wanted please.

Post by docchevron132 » 10 May 2009

done. He sends his apologies!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 10 May 2009

just for you Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDYIpzTJx4w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 11 May 2009

Nah, I'm sure you would rather have this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qd5Z0VK5zM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 11 May 2009

I don't want to know how to make it more comfier or safer, I want to know how to make the fucking piece of shit actually run for more than about two minutes. Fucking wankbag piece of shite that it is.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 11 May 2009

Madcav wrote:I want to know how to make the fucking piece of shit actually run for more than about two minutes.
Why do you want to do that? The bodywork's not going to last much longer than 2 minutes before that's all rusted away...
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 12 May 2009

EPIC LOLage has just occured in the Brizzle area!

Whats the actual problem with it Billster?

They are pretty simple old barges.
I actually quite like Tranny's..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 12 May 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I actually quite like Tranny's..

I thought there was something strange about you...
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 12 May 2009

docchevron1472 wrote: I actually quite like Tranny's..
Hello Doc-ktor.... Its time for my check up, will you oblige?
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 12 May 2009

I think it's air in the fuel. Was thought to be crud as apparantly it had run out of fuel just before I bought it and when the RAC fella bled it it ran like a dream the six or so miles home. he advised getting the fuel filter changed and maybe the lines blown back to the tank.
Anyhow started it t'other day, drove round the back to remove stupid lettering down the side and after a few hours the pos wouldn't start.
Cracked the injectors, fired it up and it would run for a few seconds but when tried to rev it it died again. Had another go yesterday and it's doing the same. It's going to my local garage tomorrow for them to look at, he thinks it's air not dirt by the way.
Bodywork is the usual Transit job but I can soon sort that once I get some free time and I'll have a go at a bottom half respray to tidy it up a bit.
It's a shame because I can make immediate good use of the flaming thing but I will persevere with it. For now.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 May 2009

I could make good use of it if you still have it in July. Is it a super long wheel base dueley (Heavy Duty/Super Duty) perchance? Is it blue? Does it need a roof rack?
ImageImage

Madcav
Site Admin

Nah, it's not the heavy weight one with 'wagon wheels' I'm afraid. Wish it was, sold a dog rough one on eBay a few years back that didn't even run and it made stupidly good money.

It's a short wheel base with side loader and white mate.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 12 May 2009

I don't mind transits, the DI is/was a splendid engine, although the earlier ones were better before they started dicking around adding EGR and suchlike.

In the back of my mind, I seem to think that problems like this on the Transit can be caused by the injector leak off pipes draining from number one injector, and air accumulating in the pipe loop at the end. If it is plumbed like this I would buy some new leak off pipe and try re-plumbing it with the lowest injector being the one that has the return pipe on.
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane » 12 May 2009

After thinking further, I got it wrong, the problem is that the leak off drains from no.4 injector which is the lowest point, and the air accumulates at no.1 the highest point. It is then advised to check that the van had been modified to drain from no.1 injector as if not that could be causing the problem, and is easily rectified.

(Does that make sense?)

Another possibilities is the fuel filter housing being goosed....
Jonathan.

Working vehicle: 1986 Mercedes 190D 2.5

Broken: GS 1220 Estate, Tomos Noped several MZ's, David Brown 30D.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 12 May 2009

docchevron1472 wrote:I actually quite like Tranny's..
jonathan_dyane wrote:I don't mind transits
Bah!

Clearly neither of you have driven a proper van! The Transvestite van is a complete load of shit. It's popular for a reason: It's cheap. Compare the price of a 1994 Transit and a 1994 Citroen C25, and the C25 was remarkably more expensive. Why? Because it's a remarkably better van.*

Now of course the C25 isn't understood, as it has a CX engine in it, so rather than maintain one, people just go and buy transits, as they're simple. Unfortunately they are still a cheap shit van, but now 15 years old.

*I may be biased.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Madcav
Site Admin

I have to say previous experience (and lots of it) with Transits has been pretty good to be fair. Yeah, they can rot but if running ok are pretty good to drive and usually quite reliable.
Had one (work's van) with close to 300,000 miles on it that was still going. It did have more than one problem but always started.
They're better than Ivecos but then again so is walking.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 12 May 2009

two best company vans I ever had were both leyland
a 1.8 tc marina ( special order for delivering cash)

and a 3.5 V8 engined Sherpa ( again special order for err detecting televisions with no licence )
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Madcav
Site Admin

One of the first vans I ever drove was an Sherpa 1700cc ('O' series?) and a sort of boat tailed Sherpa pick-up, both perilously slow. The company I worked for then got an LDV400 twin wheeler pick up with a Peugeot diesel engine that felt like a fucking Ferrari in comparison!

Jonathon: many thanks for the tips, I'll see how the garage get on with it and if no joy I'll try what you said. Much appreciated.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 12 May 2009

Well, my van's mid engined, straight 6 engine, and a turbo... :P [smug/]

I'm sure you'd like it Billy, it has the letters V and W on the badge so would be right up your street. :wink:

If I wanted a hack van, that I didn't give a shit about I'd get a Transit. I just can't like them.
Image Image Image Image

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 13 May 2009

mickey taker wrote: a 3.5 V8 engined Sherpa ( again special order for err detecting televisions with no licence )
Weren't these more to do with propaganda than actually being functional? :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto