General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Madcav
Site Admin

Re: motorbikes !!!!

Post by Madcav » 23 May 2009

Cahrlie you still have to do CBT mate but you can do it standing on your head. It's a piece of fucking piss mate.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 23 May 2009

I've heard that a lot about CBT.. it's essentially a "how to not fall off for 16 year olds", so if you've half a clue what you're doing, it'll be easy.

If the brain-dead moron who I work with can pass it first time, anyone can!
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 23 May 2009

Actually my missus couldn't, I'll tell her what you said David :lol:

To be fair she's quite nervous and apparantly the instructor was a twat, which reminds me I never did put his windows through.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 24 May 2009

Madcav wrote:Actually my missus couldn't, I'll tell her what you said David :lol:

To be fair she's quite nervous and apparantly the instructor was a twat, which reminds me I never did put his windows through.
I guess the plan here was to buy her one of those fold-away motorbikes so you could drive to the pub in the car, she rides to get you at fall over time and drives you home with the fold-up bike in the boot! :P :wink: :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 24 May 2009

She IS the boot mate!

David
Part of the decor
Location: Lo-ca-tion: a place of settlement, activity, or residence; act of locating; state of being located.

Post by David » 24 May 2009

Madcav wrote:Actually my missus couldn't, I'll tell her what you said David.
*Runs*

I have to say though, if she didn't pass CBT, then the instructor must have been utter shit. Although I've never taken CBT, I've seen it being done and it should be simple.
... all landings are in fact controlled crashes, and any crash you can walk away from is a good landing. The definition of a good pilot is a man with the same number of landings as take-offs.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 24 May 2009

from what ive been told the hardest bit of the cbt is turning round in the road with out putting your foot down
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

mickey taker wrote:from what ive been told the hardest bit of the cbt is turning round in the road with out putting your foot down
[chin] Sounds like it's been adapted from the old Cycling Proficiency Tests that they used to hold in the old council depots following several sessions. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Madcav
Site Admin

When I did it (circa 1983) it was a fucking doddle. Round a carpark between the cones, a figure of eight and an emergency stop.

I don't think my missus actually did the test to be fair: she had a go on a scooter at the test place 9which everyone does as a warm up) and the instructor fella was a twat it seems so she decided not to continue as she was a bag of nerves as it was.

I was teaching her to drive once in a Mk3 Cavalier (of course!) automatic and she was doing really well but she decided she didn't want to carry on which was sahme as she did really well.

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Madcav wrote: I was teaching her to drive once in a Mk3 Cavalier (of course!) automatic and she was doing really well but she decided she didn't want to carry on which was sahme as she did really well.
Oh dear! :( So she still couldn't drive you back from the pub even if she had passed this bike test. :wink: :P
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 24 May 2009

cbt is donkey piss. Even the bit where you go for a quick jaunt on the road. Bike test similaly so. I passed despite being knocked off by a twat in a van and breaking the speed limit. By 20 mph.
Image Image Image

Madcav
Site Admin

Way2go wrote:
Madcav wrote: I was teaching her to drive once in a Mk3 Cavalier (of course!) automatic and she was doing really well but she decided she didn't want to carry on which was sahme as she did really well.
Oh dear! :( So she still couldn't drive you back from the pub even if she had passed this bike test. :wink: :P

That was the original idea (being collected from pub) but she wouldn't have done it anyhow. However my lad is 17 next year so maybe he can be persuaded!

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 24 May 2009

they have just introduced a tougher bike test . my mate took his last week and passed
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 24 May 2009

Charlie, yes you do already have a full MOPED licence, and can ride with no L plates, but why would you want to?

Stop pissing about, and get your CBT done, then as you are over 21, speak to your local M/C training centre who will hire you a bike to do your test on, then you can get what ever you want.
You will sometimes find that larger and older stuff is a lot cheaper, because it's out of reach of younger/learner riders.
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 24 May 2009

true r plater kwaka er500 cost 400 quid to buy over a year ago, 33bhp compliant if neeeded and 88 quid to insure. 65 mpg. Lovely
Image Image Image

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 24 May 2009

Way2go wrote:I guess the plan here was to buy her one of those fold-away motorbikes so you could drive to the pub in the car, she rides to get you at fall over time and drives you home with the fold-up bike in the boot! :P :wink: :lol:
I read this as "She gets to ride you at fall over time", I need to go easy on the booze!

(I don't know whether that would be a more preferable outcome or not...)
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 25 May 2009

Ahhh, those were the days!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 25 May 2009

Philhod wrote: The rest are all about image, you have to have the syncopated exhaust, have a small pudding basin helmet, goggles on top of your head, steel toecaps, oh an a red bandana round your neck.................
.....bunch of fuckin posers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too true

:wink:

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 25 May 2009

not tempted, at the moment, to get anything bigger and just want the bike as a local/work supplement to me bx

but will talk to the training people and get some quotes in for the CBT and test courses

and

what is the plack 90 mentioned earlier

and and

the mz is back in de runnin

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 May 2009

Plack 90 :lol: :lol: 8) as in plack 70 and plack 50.

In the mid 60's, Honda, who were still making their name, brought out a 50 then 70 then 90 cc moped.
Initially derided by the bike community (self included) they became the bike you started out with. Dirt cheap, and, it soon became apparent, unbreakable, even if you didn't service it and treated it like shit.
Even today, albeit more expensive, they are an ideal first bike. They are relatively safe, handle well, having larger wheels and are still cheap to run. Not that exiting to look at but good solid basic transport and I wouldn't like to guess at the number that have been sold worldwide.
I'll bet a high percentage are still running :P :P
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.