General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Re: Green fingers?

Post by Bx Bandit » 14 Aug 2010

Kevin? Is that the berk that sold the coke?

"If all else fails..............try Wales"
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Aug 2010

Lily does indeed have a residence in Stroud, rather obvious to find due to the number of locals that dont want her there!

And yes, i would, I really REALLY would...

As for GYO, it may not be as fresh from Tesco's, but I'm keeping a jew rich by shopping there, and it's easier for me!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 14 Aug 2010

Herbs, any of you grow them? We've got a few and I tend to make a lot of my own pizzas. The taste of proper fresh oregano and basil on them rather than the dried shite, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Image Image Image Image

jayw
Part of the decor

Post by jayw » 14 Aug 2010

mat_the_cat wrote:Herbs, any of you grow them?
Are we talkin' the Smokeable kind? :wink:
Almost BX-less

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 14 Aug 2010

I wasn't, but if you are??? 8)
Image Image Image Image

stu
Established

Post by stu » 17 Aug 2010

I'll give you some chilli seeds next year, Mark, I've got loads! They're doing well in my conservatory, as are the tomatoes and miniature cucumbers.

I'm hoping to join a local community garden - going along for the first time on Thursday. Volunteers get half price veg, plus I wanted to learn more about growing and get out and about a bit more often.

I did have an allotment at the old place, but moved out before planting season... The ex said she was going to carry it on, but she never went up there when I was there...
Cheers,
Stu

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 17 Aug 2010

sorry guys as far as Im concerned gardens are for decking except the little patch you have to leave for the dog to shit on :D
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 17 Aug 2010

Huh? Isn't that what pavements are for?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 19 Aug 2010

sorry guys as far as Im concerned gardens are for decking except the little patch you have to leave for the dog to shit on
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I have had a good crop of spuds this year but everything else is late lots of tommytoes
but not yet ripe since the sun went in up here. All the chillies are in and strangely the yellow tomats. Lettuce has been ok but the sweetcorn rather disappointing.
I made a rack for under the kitchen window, which carries 6, 8" pots of a range of herbs and they have been fine.
Bit of a mixed year all round. I am lucky enough to live on an end and have front, side and back gardens. I suppose that would read "unlucky enough" in your case Mickey :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 20 Aug 2010

My chilli's are just starting to turn red, but the plant has some kind of nutrient disorder as every branch point has gone purple and the plant looks wilted all of the time.

Tomatoes have been okay - but nothing to write home about, and I've had an aubergine and loads of courgettes :D Tons of herbs too; thyme is really good for iron (I think), or was it calcium? Anyway, I put it in everything.

Potatoes are the first thing I plant on a new veg plot - they may get a bit of worm, but they sure do clear the weeds out.

I fancy having a go at permaculture as digging usually turns me into a cripple. Either that or a tractor - I would like that.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 20 Aug 2010

Just weld a furrow jobby onto your BX! A 1001 one uses dem cars

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 20 Aug 2010

Scarecrow wrote: I fancy having a go at permaculture as digging usually turns me into a cripple.
Isoponics may be the productive and less crippling answer here.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 20 Aug 2010

You had me looking there! Do you mean hydroponics? Because that'd be a recipe for disaster as I can be a bit slap-happy with measurements. And the electric has been known to run out. I like the idea of soil being involved in the process too.

The veges we used to grow in France were all fertilized with human crap, and they weren't half bad. I'm not so sure about disease risk, but the poop stuff was well composted first.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 20 Aug 2010

digging usually turns me into a cripple. Either that or a tractor
Now that's strange that is. Never heard of a tractor crippling anyone.....unless you got it to drive over you sort of thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I grew green chillies this year. Once the pepper has matured, where the stalk meets the feeding branch always tends to go black. You harvest at that point.... allegedly. :)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 21 Aug 2010

Bx Bandit wrote:Kevin? Is that the berk that sold the coke?

Taking things up a little late (as always)... do you mean onscreen or in real life, Bandit?

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 21 Aug 2010

Bx Bandit wrote:Just weld a furrow jobby onto your BX! A 1001 one uses dem cars
You'd be surprised what can be grown in a neglected BX sunroof surround ...

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 21 Aug 2010

Scarecrow wrote:You had me looking there! Do you mean hydroponics?
Yes, that's the scheme. :lol: My bad, thought that & wrote something else! :oops:
1991 BX19GTi Auto

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 21 Aug 2010

happens to me all the time that..
I mean, I meant to tell my girlfriend that she'd cooked me a wonderful meal and I love her very much, I actually said "you've ruined my life you vacuus crack whore"...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 21 Aug 2010

Fish_Botherer wrote:
Bx Bandit wrote:Kevin? Is that the berk that sold the coke?

Taking things up a little late (as always)... do you mean onscreen or in real life, Bandit?
It's the character in the film mate, but I've made the assumption that that particular character was Kevin Allen...................I've just checked and it wasn't. Kevin was a TV reporter - but I can't remember that part.
Kieth Allen was in Twin Town too I remember, as the sheep farmer or got a hot dog from the Twins, with a sprinkle of 'herb' and some magic mushrooms on top! :mrgreen: