General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Why now?

Post by Philhod » 01 Sep 2010

:) It's taken me 50 years of working to reach that point Mat. Now I don't have enough money to pay someone else, but have plenty of time to make a far better job of things than anybody else, so meh! 8)
The snag to that is when you get jobs you can't do like repairing some of the brickwork at the front of the house. I've got hold of the Accrington "faced" bricks I need but they are fitted very close like 1/4" gaps and I aint that good. :)

When I've found out a woman has shown interest in the past, I always have to test them out by being a bit rude and seeing the reaction. Always gives a clear guide to how fast their knickers will drop 8)
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 02 Sep 2010

When I was a younger man on my first paid foreign assignment I went out with a bunch of oil-workers on R&R in Kirkcaldy. I bought a girl a drink in some bar and she grabbed my hand and shoved it up her skirt to reveal her knickerlessness... She was beautiful too, but it put me off and I gave her a little lecture about her being better than that... :oops:

What a twat !

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 02 Sep 2010

Scarecrow wrote:What a twat !
Are you referring to yourself...or the girl? :wink:
Image Image Image Image

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 02 Sep 2010

:lol: :lol: Never look a gift horse in the mouth! Sort of thing I'd of done Crow - not that it has happened to me!
I have however been in situations that I couldn't/wouldn't take advantage of. Life does tease sometimes!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 02 Sep 2010

Bandito wrote:I have however been in situations that I couldn't/wouldn't take advantage of
I have to admit, I've been in situations where I've done regrettable things. Usually when the demon drink is involved - it really does blur moral boundaries. :oops:
Image Image Image Image

Scarecrow

I have to be honest - it was in '92 at the height of the AIDs paranoia, and she seemed a little squiffy and I had £700 in cash in my pocket (expenses) and I thought that would probably buy quite a lot of heroin for a young lady.... So I'm not that moral, more paranoid :wink:

I did get asked to leave the hotel I was staying at the next morning - I can only remember trying to get another drink at their bar at some silly time in the morning and then possibly having to be helped to my room :oops:

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 02 Sep 2010

My first foreign assignment was in Saudi. If you looked at the wrong woman there you could have ended up a Eunuch..............Rapidly :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately I tend to do the wrong thing now. I was much more selective when I was young. :oops:
But, hej. Beggars can't bre choosers :lol: 8)

Scarecrow

Yeah - these days I'd probably take it as a marriage proposal :wink:

Stinkwheel(Matt)
Established

Post by Stinkwheel(Matt) » 03 Sep 2010

This is a very interesting thread.

All i can say is this, Ive been depressed, ive taken and not taken opportunities when offered, ive even sat and pondered what im doing with life and how i think it should be going compared to how it is.

All of its bollocks, just enjoy yourself and try not to cause yourself too much trouble along the way. Thats my philosophy, seems to work mostly.
OK, so i've got some stuff, some of it goes, some of it doesnt, some of it never will again!

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 10 Sep 2010

docchevron132 wrote:Dont get me wrong, I'm not unhappy as such, I have lots of nice things (well, stuff I like even if no-one else does) I enjoy my spare time tinkering with shit, although I'd like to get back to the bus rather than cars TBH, but ya know, equally, I'm not actually all that happy most of the time, part of which is worrying about Kate (I know I know, but I just do, can't help it) and from that stems this uncertanty, like, I feel like I cant really go and find a life until she's settled and happy, and I know thats her problem to deal with, but there's just something in me that needs to know she's ok ta know, even if I never see her again, I'd still need to know she's ok..
Hence I'd like to think she'll move, settle and cheer up, but the more time goes on the more I think the end is still nowhere in sight, and thats kinda depressing..
Yes, I should walk away, but I cant, and I wont, I made a promise.. and I intend to stick to it as much as I can..
meh, I dunno... life eh.. how'd have it.
I don't want to resurrect this if it's a dead thread, and I don't' know or need to know all the circumstances, but here's a thought...

What if she feels something that's similar in some way .. or won't move on or change circumstances n the way you want it to happen for her? In that case, you're in stalemate! The past does bring responsibilities, or what you might feel are responsibilities, but it's still the past which is gone and can't be changed.

Different circumstances, but if my ex had waited for me to move on and be "settled" , she'd still be waiting...

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 11 Sep 2010

you make a valid point that I have considered many times mate..

K was refered to some stress managemant course, that she attended for the first time last week.
The course tutor is a girl she once had a date with, so... just maybe things will blossom there? Dunno.
I hope it does really, I'd like her to be happy, the flip side of something good potentially happening is that the arsepiece neighbour's court date for sentencing has been put back AGAIN, it's now Oct 2nd, so another three weeks to wait, when no doubt it'll be out back again.
To make matters worse, said numpty has asked the council if his brother can have the property if he goes down. They haven't said yes, but they haven't said no either, and now the ASBO bloke is having to out a case together to get possesion of the property.
It's all arse backwards..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 12 Sep 2010

:( You need to make the police aware and raise objections, seeking their support.
The council could not ignore that.