General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Vanny
Site Admin

Re: Jesus Christ...

Post by Vanny » 26 Oct 2010

And Wine .....Apparently. :)

:shock: OO ERR missus.!!!!! This is philhod on Vanny's laptop.... so It's err me not im sort of thing :P :P
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 26 Oct 2010

Does that mean you've got all the Admin privileges? :wink:
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 26 Oct 2010

oh god, we're all fucked!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

no it doesn't he has a cookie and nothing else. You really can't trust some people, its alright, i've banned Phil instead!
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 26 Oct 2010

Vanny wrote:he has a cookie and nothing else.
Knowing Phil he'd probably try and eat it... :lol:
Image Image Image Image

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 26 Oct 2010

catsinthewelder wrote:Howdo :roll:

Sorry to disappear off like that, was feeling a bit of a tit not letting you all know that I couldn't make Stratty and kinda got out of the habit of coming here. Doc sent a PM and reminded me how cool you guys are 8)

Rich

Yes I'm guilty too! :oops: I thought I was going to Gaylord, but was then gripped with financial apoplexy and a fear of getting drunk!

No one contacted me to ask where I was :cry: What's so special about the Messiah, huh? Oh.... I do have a rat-look tzd now :wink:

jayw
Part of the decor

Post by jayw » 26 Oct 2010

catsinthewelder wrote::lol:

Jay, please say that you didn't cart that bumper up to Stratty, I've been feelin a bit guilty about that since I found the PM on the Saturday morning :?
Nope, it's still livin' in the back garden on top of the D6C :wink:

Savin' it for you :lol:
Almost BX-less

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 26 Oct 2010

Knowing Phil he'd probably try and eat it...
err no [no] I'm not into biccies really. As for admin privileges :? I wouldn't know what to do with them if I had them. I'd gone into my Yahoo account, then into BXP and thought it was my auto log in :oops: I changed over after a post :mrgreen: . Then I got banned, then Vanny gave me a new username...Fucktard, but that didn't work either :roll:
All is well now as I seem to have been resurected...... :shock: A bit like Jesus I suppose. [chin]
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

you posted three times as me!!! You didn't get a new username, and the ban was only for an hour ;) i didn't know you could ban people for a fixed length of time, BXC really need that feature, thought i'd give it a whirl
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 27 Oct 2010

Scarecrow wrote:was then gripped with financial apoplexy and a fear of getting drunk!
Not the only one, after my escapades the previous weekend... :oops:
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 27 Oct 2010

Scarecrow wrote:
No one contacted me to ask where I was :cry: What's so special about the Messiah, huh? Oh.... I do have a rat-look tzd now :wink:
It was more triggered by A: Jesus is the messiah, and therefore a bit special, and
B: Jay mooting the point that the crash on the M5 involved a white BX, and Jesus has a white BX, and he went off radar about the same time, hence we got all concerned like.
Had we heard a swamp had been involved in a crash then we'd have been concerned about you aswell, cos we are like that!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 27 Oct 2010

docchevron132 wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:
It was more triggered by A: Jesus is the messiah, and therefore a bit special, and
B: Jay mooting the point that the crash on the M5 involved a white BX, and Jesus has a white BX, and he went off radar about the same time, hence we got all concerned like.
Had we heard a swamp had been involved in a crash then we'd have been concerned about you aswell, cos we are like that!
I'd forgotten about that crash... What happened there? I was only kidding (I'm sure you know!) about needing my hand held - I was just embarrassed at being a no-show! :oops:

I'll have to ask Oscar about that "Swampy" name. I'm not usually one to name cars (other than the usual, "start you fucking cunt"), but if it works for boats... I have to admit I find boat names are frequently soppy dirge with the potential to threaten my manhoods.

Anyway, Thursday I shall be getting my hands dirty helping a paid mechanic to change the ball joints and drop links on "Swampy". At least I might gain an idea about how to do the job myself in the future (yeah, right!) And I'll get to have a good poke about underneath and can try to tighten up a few weeping lhm leaks.

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 27 Oct 2010

Scarecrow wrote:[No one contacted me to ask where I was :cry: :

why were there reports of wurzul gummidge or aunt Sally burning at the side of the M5 as well :D
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Do we actually know who it was that burned to death yet?

Ball joints go one of two ways Mr. Crow.
Either piss easy, or you'll wish you'd scrapped the car and bought something less evil, like a tank.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 27 Oct 2010

mickey taker wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:[No one contacted me to ask where I was :cry: :

why were there reports of wurzul gummidge or aunt Sally burning at the side of the M5 as well :D
I have to be honest I can't imagine a situation where my car is on fire, I'm conscious, and I can't get out! Well I can, but I don't want to :x

What can go wrong with the ball joints, Doc? I thought it was a straight forward operation, especially as there won't be enough time to do the wishbones as well?

Steve

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

I get the impression that maybe the driver had a heart attack or some shit since the car was going very slow or stationary before it burst into flames, and aparently got welted by anothe rcar, so maybe they were dead before it caught fire?
Dunno, nothing much further has been forthcoming, although no doubt the post mortem would have shown smoke in the lungs if they had been alive?

I've had it a couple of times now, oddly, both on BX's owned by Smiffy, where the bottom ball joints have corroded so well into the hub carrier that no amount of heat will move them.
The last one I welded a 36mm nut to with an inch drive breaker bar on it, plus lots of heat, and when we did get the fucker out it had still taken the threads out of the hub carrier..
Others just unscrew..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

I've got to admit, I've never done the job yet. :oops: Planning to, as the original ones have done well to last 190k miles but the boots are looking a bit shaky now (still no play). Do you take the hub carrier off and put it in a vice or (if you are lucky) are you able to unscrew them whilst attached to the strut?
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

I can do mine with the hub carriers on the car.
The new tool = fail on Smiffys car, but that joint was never going to move, even with the hamemr and chisel approach.

Usually, if you know they'll undo, knock the locking tabs back, remove brake disc for easier access, then welt the joint withoutn breaking the joint from the wishbone.
Once it's moving, pop the joint out of th wishbone, unscrew BJ, replace etc..

If it's fucking tight, then yes, it's easier to remove the whole hub carrier and stick the sonabitch on a vice
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

docchevron132 wrote:then welt the joint without breaking the joint from the wishbone.
Ahh, so that's why you favour the hammer and chisel approach as you can't use the proper tool without separating the BJ from the wishbone...
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

not entirely, but partially.
Often times shocking a threaded nut / bolt loose is considerably easier than using torque alone.
Given that the metal used in the body of the BJ is made of cheesium then once it starts mushing itself up you have little left to hit / unscrew.
So shocking the thing loose is often times preferable to trying to use a moment of force to move it.
You really need a hefty chisel and a big hammer to make the impact count though.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance