General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Politicians

Post by Philhod » 16 Nov 2010

:x How is it politicians of any hue, always manage to show their true ineptitude when making off the cuff remarks.
We get a royal wedding announced. What does Cameron say?
OO a royal wedding! That will really bring the country together...................Really?
The man actually believes this!!!!? What a knob!
The rest of them will not be far behind. Just intent on trying to ingratiate themselves.
We're all tightening belts but let's splash out on a huge knees up for the rich and powerful.
Oh! I'm sorry. I must remember, we're all in this together. :twisted: Major oxygen thieves.
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Re: Politicians

Post by Father Ted » 17 Nov 2010

Well I hope we get a bank holiday.
The extra money when I work it will be great!
Would love to see a street party on the main road where I live :twisted:
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 17 Nov 2010

Historically royal weddings have indee brought a sense of national pride or whatever, I'm not sure this one will have the same sort of impact, even compared to Fergy and Andrew, but, he is Di's son, and everyone loves Di, if she wasn't dead I'd give her one!
Anyhow, i digress.... I think it's not a good or bad thing, and yes the tax payer will foot the bill, but, and bear in mind I'm no royalist, but, they are still more popular in the states than they are here, and with TV rights and associated gubbins you just know will come about (plates, mugs, caps, all the usual shit) then it might be as bad for the economy as you think.
More over, there's little enough to be merry about, they seem to rather like eachother and she's not bad to look at.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 17 Nov 2010

docchevron132 wrote:everyone loves Di, if she wasn't dead I'd give her one!
Why let that stop you......

docchevron132 wrote: there's little enough to be merry about, they seem to rather like eachother and she's not bad to look at.
This is true, it might just give the country a bit of a lift....he's not bad to look at either, but I much prefer Harry, I just love red-heads!
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 17 Nov 2010

smiffy wrote:
docchevron132 wrote:everyone loves Di, if she wasn't dead I'd give her one!
Why let that stop you......

docchevron132 wrote: there's little enough to be merry about, they seem to rather like eachother and she's not bad to look at.
This is true, it might just give the country a bit of a lift....he's not bad to look at either, but I much prefer Harry, I just love red-heads!
1)
The very same thought crossed my mind whislt reading that.
2)
So do I, but I suspect we go for different types of red-heads.
Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 17 Nov 2010

Your not a royalist then Phil?

I can only see it as being a good thing for bolstering a bit of national pride, i'm sure there will be plenty of neigh sayers, but its got to be a unifying event. And a pleasurable one for once.
ImageImage

charlie
Part of the decor

Post by charlie » 17 Nov 2010

Vanny wrote: I can only see it as being a good thing for bolstering a bit of national pride, but its got to be a unifying event. And a pleasurable one for once.
ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha hahaha hyhaa hah hah hah ha ah ah ahh ah aha ha ha ah ha

what a fackin joke

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 17 Nov 2010

Hi Charlie :lol: :lol:
My cynicism was not directed at the couple, I wish them every happiness.
But as for the rest of the bollocks, They are born to rule you are born to serve and be glad of it. I mean, we are fed this shit from day one, so it stands to reason some will believe, nay, even support that view and good luck to them. But as to pulling the nation together, don't make me larf :)
I thought our revered politicians were supposed to be doing that, although from where I'm standing, they seem to be doing the opposite and any national bandwagon that will soak media attention, hiding their ineptitude, will do!

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 17 Nov 2010

Whilst I accept that the Royal family have certain erotic qualities (albeit greatly diminished by the demise of the Queen Mum and the sometime birth of Anne), I think Maggie T. would still have to come first for me, followed by Blair and then, with a sidelong glance at normality, a bit of Bush.

Imagine the pillow-talk:

Tony sighs, "Steve, Cherie just doesn't know how to make me feel the way that you do."
They spoon, and Steve kisses the back of Blair's neck, probing him with his WMD. Blair yelps a little and calls out as the Earth seems to shimmer and move around him.
"Tallyho... tallyho... Silvio... Silvio", he calls, and then slumps forward into his pillow stuffed full with 3 dollar notes.

There's an opportunity - Royal Wedding sick bags [vomit], and Royal branded condoms, "Stop the madness!" [doc]

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 17 Nov 2010

Philhod wrote: you are born to serve and be glad of it
Yes, I'm regularly commanded by the sovereignty, and i always follow there rule. Or not.
ImageImage

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Nov 2010

Lets not forget that Kate midriff is a xommoner, one of us, equally I have a fair chunk of time for Wills and Harry since they be the offspring of Di, who did more to fuck the royal family off, and indeed change things for the better, than anyone else, she brought the human factor to royalism, and thats a good thing. I think her two sons are very much in her mold, not Charlie's, and therefore I think thats good too.
If nothing else it's an extra day off work and a day off hearing endless shit news about how awful everything is.
Dont see what the problem is with that really.

Oh, and I still would do Di, dead or not, but wasn't she microwaved? It would make my cock all dusty...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Nov 2010

Nothing wrong with the kids Doc, but one of us???I don't think so!! isn't the family business Wanking...sorry got a w in there instead of b. nuff said.
Di was landed gentry from way back and yes she did manage a pinprick on the royals.

That's why they bumped her off. :P

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 18 Nov 2010

the royals consider Kate a commoner.

Yes Di was indeed landed gentry and all that shit, but she was human!
As for ebing bumped off, I really dont know, I do like conspiracy theories, and I've read a lot about this case, but I'm not convinced..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 18 Nov 2010

I will admit to being a staunch royalist, but I only mean those regarded as the senior royal family as far as the rest go, they should get a job, appart from Princess Micheal of Kent, who should be put down by a vet, because she's a fucking dog!

I don't expect others to agree with me, we are all granted a mind of our own to make-up as we see fit.

As for politicians, fuck them all, or don't!
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow » 18 Nov 2010

It's lucky she's a commoner as the family genes must be getting a bit dodgy (Harry excluded).

I don't find the Royal tradition to be in any way relevant to my life. I never forgave Di for causing the sea to be closed in Cornwall when I wanted to go surfing and she was being serenaded by Elton "Rent-Boy" John. Stoopid lifeguard tried to tell me I couldn't go in the sea out of respect - I still went surfing, :P Respect can not be imposed where respect does not exist. I might have respect for them as individuals if they were individuals, but they're not. They can't even speak their own minds, which is a great example of freedom of speech!

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 18 Nov 2010

They can't even speak their own minds,

:lol: :lol: Yeah right!! The D of E manages to say what the fuck he likes. With his, persons of the brown persuasion and chinkies with slitty eyes. Fucking brilliant 8)

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 19 Nov 2010

see, Philip is actually worth every penny the Royals get for entertainment value!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 19 Nov 2010

Mind you he has a greek name (ok like me) is mostly greek and is, therefore vociferous 8)

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 19 Nov 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And another...That old twonk Lord whatever has just busted the "we're all in it together" farce wide open. Cameron was livid at lunchtime and now he's had to resign!! Came out with the wrong bulshit....obviously. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 19 Nov 2010

Again though, was he actually wrong?
Dont recall the forties being a throwaway society where every house had a widescreen plasma, a car or 2, CH double glaxing and all that shit.
Ok. we'll always moan about everything, but really, I wouldn't say it's all bad.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance