General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Scarecrow

Re: Politicians

Post by Scarecrow » 29 Nov 2010

Personally, I'd rather that investment had been made in UK PLC manufacturing and innovating something other than mugs and plastic flags to try to balance our books!

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 29 Nov 2010

It doesn't matter so much what you want mate, it's what brings money in to Britain. Don't forget hotels and transport etc also do well out of it.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Scarecrow

Madcav wrote:It doesn't matter so much what you want mate, it's what brings money in to Britain. Don't forget hotels and transport etc also do well out of it.
Well, for a few days whilst the farce is taking place, maybe, but what I'm suggesting is something for the long term. Transport is already running at capacity, and who foots the bill for the extra policing? Not to mention the costs to businesses of everyone else taking a day off.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Nov 2010

:) You see, It doesn't really matter who you have as head of state, all these costs or sources of income would still be generated under the situation we have.
What my objection is, is that we have always had an elite class that tells us what we are allowed to do, say expect up to a point and no further and to know our place.
This country is fabulously wealthy. It's the distribution of said wealth that annoys me.
There are sections of this community that could pay off all our debts and fund welfare and re introduce production facilities. Unfortunately that would mean them sharing somewhat less than 1/2 their capital, most of which would not be recoverable and you aint gonna get any of that mate sorry. :x
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Scarecrow

Maybe there is a job for Madam La Guillotine after all [stud]

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 29 Nov 2010

:lol: Ah! but I don't subscribe to Russian or French solutions as we know they didn't work.
All that would be needed is for the required capital to be sequested from the vast oscene amounts that these people have amassed, at our and our forebears expense, over the last 200 years. Trust me, they would still be anything but poor.

Scarecrow

I'd be up for a velvet revolution. The trouble is I don't think it would make any difference as no one in this country actually agrees with anything anyone else says anyway :(

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 30 Nov 2010

no one in this country actually agrees with anything anyone else says anyway
I totally disagree with that point of view... :)

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 30 Nov 2010

:) I think your both just wrong!!

Madcav
Site Admin

Post by Madcav » 30 Nov 2010

Philhod wrote::) You see, It doesn't really matter who you have as head of state, all these costs or sources of income would still be generated under the situation we have.
What my objection is, is that we have always had an elite class that tells us what we are allowed to do, say expect up to a point and no further and to know our place.
This country is fabulously wealthy. It's the distribution of said wealth that annoys me.
There are sections of this community that could pay off all our debts and fund welfare and re introduce production facilities. Unfortunately that would mean them sharing somewhat less than 1/2 their capital, most of which would not be recoverable and you aint gonna get any of that mate sorry. :x
Indeed, and they're called 'The Conservative Party'.

Scarecrow: even the costs of policing will be met by the tax on extra revenue bought in from tourists.
"As for actually admitting to liking Corsas on a public forum: you're a bollock-brained, biscuit-eating, faux-northern, bastardy, bollocky, wank-brain. MmmmK?"

Buy a car off me you bastards.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 30 Nov 2010

Philhod wrote:This country is fabulously wealthy. It's the distribution of said wealth that annoys me.
You realise that to have commerce you have to have an inbalance?

I appreciate that a huge percentage of wealth is controlled by so few, but when so many get a free ride, which is comes from the huge taxing of the top dollar wealthy, what do you expect to do about it? Increase taxes some more and watch all that income leave the country? Declare that no one is allowed to earn over 30k a year?

I'd like to see a return to large employers building communities, and communities building value into the country (happy people make beter workers make more profit) but it's never worked in the long term (Port Sunlight, Bournville to name just two).
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Increase taxes some more and watch all that income leave the country? Declare that no one is allowed to earn over 30k a year?

I'd like to see a return to large employers building communities, and communities building value into the country (happy people make beter workers make more profit) but it's never worked in the long term (Port Sunlight, Bournville to name

:) The trillions I'm talking about are already out of this country and avoid said tax and yes I would make them bring it back to do what I said, that's why it would not be recoverable.

Altruistic employers never existed. The 2 versions you mention are good examples.
The Lever legacy is one of the ones that have cash elsewhere. The second is a good example of where most of the value was lost by buying aquisitions and then selling again to foreign competition to make a fast buck. Control of their offshore resources has now gone to the US of A!!!
Salt (Saltaire) was another. These guys were shrewd in the extreme. Even today most employers could learn a huge amount from those men. They understood that people work much better given good conditions and a higher wage. But only up to a point (that ceiling again)as beyond that it gave them a lower return on their investment.

Vanny
Site Admin

Philhod wrote:Altruistic employers never existed. The 2 versions you mention are good examples.
I never said they did, they simply realised that the best way to make profit at the time was with a super productive workforce. At the time messer Cadbury and Lever where leading the way for a now type of social responcibility which at no time did they loose sight of, they simply grew old, passed the company on, and the bankers and money men finished them off. I have nothing but admiration for these ideals, and while the remaining company might not respect those ideals, i'm not about to start waving a sticky finger and deny all success. What they created worked, at the time, and the principles could work again so long as they are protected. I'm not the only one who thinks this, Prince Charles would back me up on the ideals!
Philhod wrote:The trillions I'm talking about are already out of this country
Then they are not the wealthy few are they? They are huge multinational corporations, which is an entirely different discussion. And i don't believe that there is a company trading in this country that isn't taking a hammering for tax, even if there bank is else where.
ImageImage

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 30 Nov 2010

i have a sore arm
And I can smell ggas.
Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

stop wanking, but dont turn the lights on!
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

I was referring to family dynasties in the main Vanny, there is actually a list, but lots of corporations do the same.
I entirely agree, of course this makes the tax burden greater on all of us including smaller businesses, which was part of the point I was putting forward.

Jesus FT wanking and shit yourself!!! [doc] [vomit] :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 01 Dec 2010

So, what about scrapping capitolism altogether then?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 01 Dec 2010

:lol: Which Capitol do you want to nuke first?

Now see that doesn't work either.
We can do without the stick but if you get the carrot right you don't need the stick. That is where it always goes to shit. Carrots are expensive and you have to keep buying them. A stick, on the other hand, you only buy once or until you wear it away with use and by that time your carrot eaters will probably turn and beat you to death with it.
Fuck it's hard to keep the metaphors up when pissed.
No one seems to be able to arrive at a happy medium. Either the carrot eaters bleed you dry or end up killing you if you don't feed them at all. Vanny spoke of a necessary imbalance earlier. While I don't agree it's necessary, i accept it's there. But that brings us back to degrees again which is where I started off.