BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Re: Two "minor" issues on my new 16V

Post by Fish_Botherer » 11 Dec 2010

I'm sure that I remember posts from M274259735... or Kiwi from the distant past that the buzzer was an additional level warning device stipulated by their govt approvals boards for the import of hydraulic Cits.
That's my recollection too - though I don't recall if anyone ever posted exactly what mechanism triggers the installed alarm setup. Right-hand cornering as the trigger and the statement below do suggest it's level rather than pressure-related, though it could be a bit of assumption:
It's as though the momentum of the fluid against the turning of the car, pulls the fluid off the warning sensor
Probably the simple level/fill position theory - my musings were more about how the car could have got into a state where fluid levels are down without some kind of leak being apparent, and i was thinking along the lines of levels of use/maintenance in previous ownership.