General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

The Beginning and The Edge

Post by Bx Bandit » 25 Jan 2011

The beggining - a big bang. From nothing, just nothing, comes our Universe.

A load of planets and stars and moons and debris surrounded by nothing. What's at 'the edge'? Is there a fucking edge? What's beyond the fucking edge? Cos, apparently nothing, is something!

Why arer we here - need there be a reason?
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: The Beginning and The Edge

Post by Philhod » 25 Jan 2011

:) I knew that Bier would get to you.

The question is far to deep for me, for I am a shallow person who's mind will not focus on such philosophic magnitude. :roll:
Just in passing, I reiterated your musings to my large grey cat who is stretched out on the back of the couch, behind my head.

He was clearly disinterested, but stifled a yawn and said; rrrrrhaaaa huh prrrrrr..... so, there you have it. :wink:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Shamefully, I am drinking. Got myself into the routine of drinking and feeling fucking awful until I have the next drink and then I'm ok. Making me feel down though, vicious circle. This year was meant to be different to how it's turning out - already!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 25 Jan 2011

not quite from nothing mate.
The big bang happened and so the universe is expanding. One day it will stop expanding and contract, and then all will end.
No-one knows whats at the very edge of the universe, although some think that it's not all that relevant since the likelyhood is if you ever got to the edge the pressure of matter at that point would obliterate you anyhow.

Whats beyond then? Fuck knows, maybe nothing, maybe everything!
Whatever is out there is certainly beyond our immediate understanding sonce whatever it is will be nothing at all like anything we know or understand about "our" universe.
I mean fuck man, it would take like 4000light years or something just for us to get the fuck out of the Milky Way,so lets face it, space, it's big. Really fucking big.

But then oneday it wont be anymore.

I dont tend to worry about whats beyond the universe, but I am forever in awe at just how fucking epic, beautiful and evil it is.

Ya know, if it weren't for old Sun's going hyper nova and rocks, we'd not be alive, or even exist. Cool huh.

Equally,m there's no doubt many cajillion sof other planets that have life upon them, our star is but an insignificant little bastard star in a sea of 1000's of millions of the fuckers in the Milky Way.
So the odds are there's shite loads of life, there is no god, and we are but a happy accident caused by rocks, and the nitrogen and hydrogen given off when older stars died.

If you REALLY start thinking about how entirely insignificant WE are in the mass scale of the universe it totally fucks your head up, so just be cool bitch, enjoy today, and whatever you can since one day you'll be dead, ina few billion years our star will fuck itself out then everything, all human history, will be nothing, but our sun going super nova or hyper nova will maybe give life to some other bunch of fuckers in a nearby system thats just being born in a few ballion years. Life and science, cruel, but interesting.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

To further explore the big bang, if you take matter, and sqweeze the shite out of it, like make a hadron collider only eleventy cajillion times more powerful, and you will create your very own big bang, and so a universe will be born.

So, in essence, it's possible that we are all just an experiment in a glass jar that some alien dude tried out on a Thursday afternoon in spring in his garage.
After all, our perception of big, space, and size is only relative to what we know. We could actually be a mere spec!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Yeah. What ee said really. Have you noticed than everything is made up of things tyhat have a middle and then bitz circling round it and some middles have more bitz than others.
Like Doc says, it's just a matter of scale.
I accept that I don't know what's beyond the edge, because I aint no theologian, I believe you find out the next bit, after you're dead and start your next journey.

On the drinks Bandito, I have set myself a goal this year. I will drink only one can per day, with my evening meal and at no other time.
Unless of course I meet with you guys of a weekend. Then I will relent. :D

It didn't get off to a good start though, as I had too much home brewed wine to finish off :oops:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

next life? Utter cock! When you're dead, thats it. There is no "soul".
You, me, and every other fucker are just energy, and everything we are is just memories and reactions to everything thats happened to us.
Whe you die, those memories die, so thats yer lot.
Thats where humanity lost the fucking plot years ago, mixing science and religion.

As for drinking, I cant talk, I'm back on the scotch a lot lately,. and very much liking it.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:lol: How do you know? That's what you believe. I don't follow any religion. but I have studied a lot of them, which is why I keep away.

My belief is just something I feel, OK, it's hinted at in Zen but I don't expect anyone else to agree with me. Neither would I expound it or defend it as it has no scientific base either. It just sort of, is.... 8)

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

docchevron132 wrote:not quite from nothing mate.
The singularity. OK, good point, no one has said the singularity is nothing, but then what is it?
By it's definition, outside of it is nothing.
docchevron132 wrote:One day it will stop expanding and contract, and then all will end.
No-one knows whats at the very edge of the universe, although some think that it's not all that relevant since the likelyhood is if you ever got to the edge the pressure of matter at that point would obliterate you anyhow.

Whats beyond then? Fuck knows, maybe nothing, maybe everything!
Whatever is out there is certainly beyond our immediate understanding sonce whatever it is will be nothing at all like anything we know or understand about "our" universe.
I mean fuck man, it would take like 4000light years or something just for us to get the fuck out of the Milky Way,so lets face it, space, it's big. Really fucking big.

But then oneday it wont be anymore.

I dont tend to worry about whats beyond the universe, but I am forever in awe at just how fucking epic, beautiful and evil it is.
Will it stop expanding? It's only a theory....

What's the pressure of matter and why would it obliterate you?

What's beyond then? This is part of my point, beyond implies a limit, an edge, a defining boundry, with something one side and something different the other.

Fuck, I'm not meaning to sound like I know what I'm on about, I'm just chucking questions out there.

Epic it is, phenominal, incomprehensible.

Phil, one can per day is pretty sound I guess, although I'd prefer to have 5 days off and 2 days on. Those 2 days seem to blur and expand :evil:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Philhod wrote::lol: How do you know? That's what you believe.
Not quite, it's what science has proven, and at base, all religion is man made, therefore only thought processes of man were involved in religions evolution, therefore, it;s all cock, brought about to garner power and control the masses who on the whole are all afraid of death and there being nothing more after.

Singularity doesn't need an outside mate, really. Like, imagine a marble, it has a defined edge right, so everything therein makes the marble, everything thereout is "other". So nothing is most likely other, we just dont know what that other is!

Following a pure scientific course and the laws that everything follows then yes, oneday the universe will have to stop expanding.

Well, the thoughts of some are that seeing as the edge of the universe are effectively the end of the star of it all, if that makes sense, ie at the beginning they were they centre then it's possible the edge is still infinitly more powerful than the "bit in the middle ish" where we are, sort of, possibly, although no-one actually knows exactley where in the universe we are, and where the edge is. This assumes we follow scientific law as we understand them.
It's also possible that there isn't an edge as such because the universe may not be sphericle.
Or even if it is, it may not have an edge in the way we think of it. If you run inside a really big ball, you never go beyond its boundry, you are in it, but that ball can rotate and move around any plane.. you never reach the end of the ball but you are always at it's perimeter..

Whats beyond the universe?
no fucking idea mate, could be another universe, another form of dimension we know nothing of, an aliens garage, maybe heaven / hell, maybe a nice pub that still allows smoking?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Those 2 days seem to blur and expand
:lol: Which is why my new regime.
I got er in doors to cut the wine too, she was getting through 4/5 bottles a week.
She's also joined my gym as she now needs to lose some weight as well. I'm determined to reach my 15 stone goal before August
What I'll do when I get there fuck knows :P

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

christ jesus, to get to 15 stone I'd have to gain half my body weight again!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Go on keep going Doc you've almost reached my position. Because we don't know if there is an edge or if that edge blurs into something else or even a parallel universe, where I already am, I just decided that we may transport to a different level so to speak. Not sience, not religion, just me making my mind up. :P

I'm at 108 kg which be around 16 .6 so I can spare you a stone and a half if you need any.
Which is at least a stone and a half less than I was this time last year. [clap]

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

[wave]
I'd love to oput somew weight on mate, but I cant..

Ahh, now see, parrellel universes cant really be at the edge though, since they exist (if at all) on a totally different plane (plain?) therefore most likely overlap this universe already, or maybe even sits entirely where ours is, but on a totally different wavelength that we cannot see or feel?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 26 Jan 2011

Which is why I referred to blured edges and moving to a differeent lavel (plane)

Get thee to my gym and take some beta carotene and iron and I'll increase thy weight by up to 20%. It will be mostly muscle and a little water though, so you would have to be prepared to be well ard :lol:

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 26 Jan 2011

ahh, but see, given that energy cannot be made or destroyed, just moved around and change form but still the total energy of the universe remains the same at all times then when we snuff it the energy that was "us" cannot surely leave this plane and eneter another parrallel universe since we dont actually know of another universe therefore it would break the laws of physics right?

I was out on steroids and muscle building milkshake shit 5 years ago mate, in a pointless excercise to gain some weight, that didn't work either. Since my body is slowly eating itself then oneday I'll weigh fuck all!
Still, keeps the hernia in check!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Still, keeps the hernia in check!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously most of that shit is bollocks. Those 2 I mentioned are natural and all you need, but you take them to increase your energy levels, not gain weight. The gym programme I would set up for you would do that.
Contrary to what anyone says given your metabolism you are only able to gain around 20 % of your bodyweight....without resorting to chemicals. :wink:

Well if your energy transferes to another plane newborns enter from elsewhere if you follow the argument, therefore energy levels within both (or more) systems, is mainyained.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

I've got plenty of energy mate, just an increasingly knackered body that doesn't want me to use it!
Seriousley, it's getting to the point now where I wake up and A: want a fag B: want coffee C: want a piss, but sometimes it can take 30 minutes to get out of bed, my body just wont do what I want it to anymore. Nerves, they're a numbness in the arse (see what I did there!)

hmmm, see thats very interesting, and actually something I considered after I posted above.
It could make sense and in the same vein, it's then plausable that there could be many, even endless, other planes that all exist in and around eachother, which comes back to this etheral thing about circles.. ya know, circle of life, circle of the planets, cirlces fucking everywhere... hmmm..
What a shame we cant sit on a big chair and lok down at this whole universe thing and just work it out like a schematic for a wiring loom!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

:lol: :lol: :lol: But then we would be god and we wouldn't exist.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

:lol: :lol:
this is true!

ahh, to be a god, just for one day, I dunno, part of me likes the massiveness of the universe, and the mystery that goes with it, the other part wants to know the absolute truth.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance