Chat about the latest new website changes and general car related things!
mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Feel like giving up with cars

Post by mat_the_cat » 11 Jan 2012

Just returned in from a night under the Disco, been raining all evening since I started (actually there's only been one completely dry day since the beginning of December) and absolutely piss wet through, water running up my nose, into my eyes and in my mouth.

I don't know why I'm so stubborn but I can't give up on a job part way through, I didn't need to keep working as it's a non essential job. But it would have bugged the hell out of me if I didn't get it to a satisfactory stage before calling it a night.

So you'd think I'd be pleased but no, just mightily fucked off with the weather. (And the car, for being so unco-operative). Shouting at it loudly and calling it a cunting fucker helped briefly, but it got its own back by trapping my finger and cutting it. Bastard.
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Re: Feel like giving up with cars

Post by Vanny » 11 Jan 2012

Your like a first year student thats just got totally hammered out in town. 'I'll never drink again' they always say, but give it two days they've totally forgotten and do it all over again. I'm betting this is not the first time you've held these views, which rather begs the question, how come you haven't realised you keep doing this, then you forget and go back for more punishment?

Also Wales is the capitol of rain, you can't be that surprised!

Why not built a bit of a car port some where?
ImageImage

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 11 Jan 2012

I thought you had an enormous fuck off garage/ small barn?
Image Image Image

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Well, we do have a small garage, but that's full of a windscreenless BX at the moment. Plus there is more room/light outside so a carport would be ideal. Thought about it a lot but not got further than thinking! I do expect the rain but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable. A move to France looks more and more appealing!

Nope, not the first time it's happened, and no doubt won't be the last. Same with the drinking, although come to think of it I usually do drink like a first year student! Feeling happier this morning - I never really thought I'd give up with cars, it was just more of a "Why do I do it?" moment I think.

This is my handiwork so far, I wanted a winch but without a big heavy bumper.

Still need to put the fairlead on and wire it all up - think I'll stick to making brackets for the solenoid and isolator switch tonight, in the nice dry garage!
Image Image Image Image

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 11 Jan 2012

I sympathise with you I really do. I had to repair a puncture on the rear wheel of my Kwak 500 one rainy night after I got a flat on the way home after a late shift and was on an early the next day.

I strung a tarp up between the fence and an upended trailer and worked under that by lamp light ( 2x gas lamps). That was a whole load of no fun I can tell you - and I did a bodge job using a cycle puncture repair patch and a load of rubber glue (it just had to hold on long enough to get to the Yamaha garage near the hospital after my shift). Bloke at the garage went booloo about the patch and tales of woe of the thing letting go at speed.

Yes I suppose we have all done things like that.
Image Image Image

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 11 Jan 2012

as Vanny said

Wales = rain
that is all
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Woo hoo! No rain for a week! Although given that it is raining as I type this, I don't have much faith in the forecast...
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 12 Jan 2012

Jeez mate FRANCE.....It's full of french people who will bug the fuck out of you worse than cars and it rains there too.

Capel Curig is only up the road from you and that's the official wettest point in Wales.

Fuck the horse out into the rain for a bit and get an old 6 ft flourecent unit on the floor... like daylight :lol: :lol: :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 12 Jan 2012

Still fucking raining! Despite the forecast saying it is, and will be dry tonight. France would be a nice place, apart from the French as you say!

Anyway, my mood changed completely, was keen to get back to it tonight despite the weather. It's weird, when things are going well I don't mind getting wet so much. When you've done things in completely the wrong order and you either redo the whole lot or faff about for an hour trying to tighten one bolt you can't see and can only just feel, bad weather just tips you over the edge!
Image Image Image Image

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 12 Jan 2012

Fuck france off, come to s***h Africa, they all speak english, everything is cheap and there is more wine than i ever thought possible. Oh, and its summer here right now . . . mmmm 40c
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 12 Jan 2012

Vanny wrote:its summer here right now . . . mmmm 40c
Oh fuck off! :lol:
Image Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 13 Jan 2012

it's also full of gun toting nutters...
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 13 Jan 2012

apparently not in this area, work have had one of them private companies do a profile on s***h Africa and in the areas we are in. Usually these profiles are all doom and gloom 'You will die!!!' and bollocks, but for the area we are in it basically says 'Meh, if your a tit you'll loose your money or what ever else your flashing around, otherwise enjoy' which quite frankly is a better review than what they give London!

It also suggests NEVER going into the slums, not for any reason, i get the impression its a one way road for the white man.
ImageImage

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 13 Jan 2012

Vanny wrote:It also suggests NEVER going into the slums, not for any reason, i get the impression its a one way road for the white man.
Dunno about you, but I'd be really curious to see what they're like. I'm sure the bits they show on TV only reflect what they (either the filmakers or those guiding the filmakers) actually want you to see. Bit of boot polish on your face, you'll be fine! (Actually, you may also want to consider dyeing your hair as that may be a giveaway...)

Never been to s***h Africa before but once went somewhere in the North and any white face was treated as a cash machine. Not really surprising when you consider the average wage was £20 a month, so if kids can sell a few beads to rich tourists for a couple of quid they're raking it in.
Image Image Image Image

mickey taker
GET OUT MORE

Post by mickey taker » 13 Jan 2012

fucking hell, when they find out Vannys a scouser it will be the slum dwellers that will be running for the hills :lol:
Light travels quicker than sound.That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 14 Jan 2012

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd happily go to the slums, as long as I was armed..
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Jan 2012

It's 42 years since I worked in Kipevu. The blacks did as they were fucking told in those days. 8)
The slums haven't changed if the pics are anything to go by. Then they were a few breeze blocks with a tin roof and a fire in the middle They also crapped just about anywhere then so the place permanently stunk of shit.
Only went the once. Managed to duck it in favour of other shit holes, after that. :wink:

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 15 Jan 2012

That's Kenya though Phil and the natives have always been a bit rebellious there haven't they? I found Nairobi and it's surrounds to be a bit chancy years ago, SA (Jo'burg) was almost a walk in the park compared to there but all the ex-pats had electric gates and high railings around their properties.

We spent some time in the pits at nearby Kyalami too which was the F1 circuit for the SA Grand Prix.

No good going into the slums in such places anyway because at the very least you will be surrounded by beggars and have difficulty moving about. Although for horrific begging Bombay in India was the worst I've experienced.
Last edited by Way2go on 16 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
1991 BX19GTi Auto

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 15 Jan 2012

:lol: Anywhere s***h of the sahara is a shit hole. [vomit]

Way2go
GET OUT MORE

Post by Way2go » 16 Jan 2012

Meant Jo'burg not Nairobi Phil. Above post amended accordingly.

Have you been to Bangladesh in your travels?
1991 BX19GTi Auto