BX bringing you down? just don't have the right spanner? perhaps our counselors can help . . . actually i doubt it, but ask anyway!
Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: BX woes

Post by Philhod » 24 Dec 2010

It`s not me!! must be this laptop. I uploaded all my garage pics from pixum, doing exactly the same thing. But will they appear, will they fuck! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Vanny
Site Admin

Post by Vanny » 25 Dec 2010

annoyingly i fixed the picture yesterday, and fuck face has gone and deleted it from his profile. Phil, give up, please.
ImageImage

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 25 Dec 2010

:? :? :? I have`nt done anything mate. I noticed it said pixum instead of what the fuck I did. I clicked on it and nothing happened so I left it. Not been back on Pixum either????????????????????????
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 26 Dec 2010

docchevron132 wrote:You're going to s***h Wales? By car? Tomorrow?
Are you fucking insane?!
ALL of s***h Wales is closed mate, the driving conditions are beyond shite.

Take some snow chains, plenty of warm clothes and food / drink etc, you may need it.

In answer to your question.
I've run out of racks right now, or at least good ones, HOWEVER, I do have a rack with fucked axial joints but good bushes, and a rack with good axial joints and fucked bushes. So I could make a decent one from the two, new gaitors and wotnot..
Fitting a rack is a days job for me, or at least, it doesn't take all day, but I'm fucked by the time it's done, but rack / welding / FDV is easy enough over a weekend say..
I'm going to need a few weeks to get the new shed in a position where there's room in it to do the job mind, and at the moment it has no leccy in there, so, how quick fo you need it done?
Hi Chris,

We decided to go to SWales on Thursday instead - had absolutely no issues - only parent-in-laws' road is an icerink. But certainly no need for snow chains! Fabia is great - I love the DSG box.

I'm in no particular rush to get the jobs done on the BX, so can fit in with whatever is convenient for you and when it isn't so fucking cold!!

Hope you and the rest of the BXProject gang had a great Christmas!

Mark.
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate

BX Owner, December 2003-October 2011

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 30 Dec 2010

you chose wisely! At one point we had 2 of our buses stuck in snow drifts near Newport!

Warmer works for me, I'm sick to death (almost literally) of freezing my tits off.

Still no power in the shed, or space, but once we have power I'll be chopping cars up, so a bit more space hopefully..
I'll let you know when we have time / space mate!
I trust you and Lucy had a good xmas?
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.

stu
Established

Post by stu » 01 Jan 2011

Glad you like the Fabia. I did consider one, but stuck with the French option in the end...
Cheers,
Stu

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 10 Jan 2011

After faffing around yesterday and giving up with the hydraulic pump change, and doing the sparkplugs instead, there followed a bit of a phail. At about 3:00 I decided to go and buy some brass battery terminals from Halfrauds as both the originals were cracked and were just held on loosely by friction, and as I've been having cold start problems I suspected these.

They're the type where you insert the bare wire and use two screws to clamp it. Piece of cake I thought. Wrong!

Who cut off the old positive terminal *before* checking whether the three wires would fit all together in the new one... :oops: Cue much swearing as, with the daylight fading, I tried to find some way of securing the two smaller wires. I ended up with one partly inserted into the sleeve on top of the main one and clamped with one screw only, and the other with the bare end curled around the screw's shaft and "clamped" under its head. I could have done with a washer but couldn't find one the right size. I ended up really wishing I'd left it alone and didn't attempt the negative terminal. Oh and I cut my finger with the hacksaw too.

It did start 1st time this morning..... but I need to drop it off at a garage really so they can make a more permanent solution using solder.

What are the two smaller wires to the positive terminal for?

Mark.

smiffy
Centenial time waster

Post by smiffy » 10 Jan 2011

Umm, I guess you didn't know there were 2 different sizes of battery terminal..?
You have got the ordinary size, but there is a much bigger one for heavy duty applications such as buses or trucks. I know that won't help you much now, but at least you will know for the future.
You could of course keep a small box of crimp terminals in your car, and using yellow ring terminals, attach them to one of the main cable securing screws.
They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away...
but now that most of them are muslim, I find bacon and sausages work better!

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 11 Jan 2011

mnde wrote:What are the two smaller wires to the positive terminal for?

Mark.
Thy feed ALL of the electrics in the car aside from the starter motor.
The big fat fuck off and die cable goes to the starter and on to the alternator, the other 2 venture to the fusebox from where the entire life of the car electrically depends!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 11 Jan 2011

Well, all the electrics are working! :lol:

Smiffy that's a brilliant suggestion - I'll get me some of those crimp on yellow ring terminals :D

Mark.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 13 Jan 2011

can't beat crimping one off!

If all the lektirckery works, you cant have gone too far wrong then!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Fish_Botherer
Location: Sixty Feet up, wishing I still had a BX....but most likely bothering fish

Post by Fish_Botherer » 14 Jan 2011

the other 2 venture to the fusebox from where the entire life of the car electrically depends
Never was a truer word said - when I got hold of the diagram for the fusebox connections on the BX I breathed a big sigh of relief. I had my comeuppance a couple of times though after troubleshooting and leaving the fusebox hanging down, only for a big-booted passenger to kick the odd connector or relay out of position.

mnde
Established

Post by mnde » 22 Jan 2011

There I Fixed It!

with two crimped on battery connectors, one washer and some insulating tape - untidy I know but my hands were frozen!

:D

I'll do the negative terminal another time..

Mark.

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 22 Jan 2011

yes, it is rather brisk out!
Vaseline aswell, ooooooh!
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1971 BL 350FG ambulance

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 22 Jan 2011

Mmmmmmm.................vaz [drool]
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die