General chat area for all members, any topic goes!
mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Sodding eBay fuckwits

Post by mat_the_cat » 04 Mar 2010

I've got a problem with the radio in the Disco, so I was trawling eBay for a replacement or one to use for spares to repair the existing one. After seeing the model I have sell for a whole £17 I was pleased to find one finishing an hour later (still at 99p) that had a faulty CD mechanism but otherwise OK (my CD part works fine). That ended up going for £21 plus postage!

Then I found thisfor sale...not a very wordy description but it looked the same as mine. So I asked him what model it was and whether it worked - reasonable questions to ask you would think.
Dear mat_fenwick,

yes

- anetk.s

To: anetk.s
Subject: Re: mat_fenwick has sent a question about item #170452544013, ending on 07-Mar-10 15:28:28 GMT - SONY RADIO CD CAR
Sent Date: 03-Mar-10 21:16:55 GMT

Dear anetk.s,

Thanks for the reply, please can you also tell me the model number on the front of the unit?

Cheers

- mat_fenwick

To: mat_fenwick
Subject: Re: mat_fenwick has sent a question about item #170452544013, ending on 07-Mar-10 15:28:28 GMT - SONY RADIO CD CAR
Sent Date: 03-Mar-10 20:53:50 GMT

Dear mat_fenwick,

ok

- anetk.s

To: anetk.s
Subject: mat_fenwick has sent a question about item #170452544013, ending on 07-Mar-10 15:28:28 GMT - SONY RADIO CD CAR
Sent Date: 03-Mar-10 11:42:30 GMT

Dear anetk.s,

Hi,

Please can you tell me the model of the radio and whether it all still works OK?

Cheers,
Mat

- mat_fenwick
How can people be so stupid? Needless to say he's not getting my money, and I've just bought one that should all be working, for £16. 8)
Image Image Image Image

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Re: Sodding eBay fuckwits

Post by Philhod » 04 Mar 2010

:lol: Usual brain dead duh type responses.
The CD player in the Picasso has stopped working. Then suddenly last week it worked ok. now it's stopped again :? It keeps saying load CD when there's already one in.

Any ideas???
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Bx Bandit
GET OUT MORE

Post by Bx Bandit » 04 Mar 2010

Fluff on the muff?

Matt, that's a classic mate. Just duh! I always number my questions and it's very rare I get a numbered reply. Perhaps I'm just anal but it's a distinct and confusion free way of communicating!
....There he goes, one of God's own prototypes, a high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production......too weird too live.....and too rare to die

mat_the_cat
Centenial time waster

Post by mat_the_cat » 04 Mar 2010

Nothing wrong with a bit of fluff, especially on a muff! :D

Bit be that which is causing your problems, in that whatever detects that a CD has been put in, isn't doing so. I'm afraid my diagnostic and repair skills extend only to spotting a dry joint or obviously failed component, or a visible mechanical problem with the mechanism. The reason behind getting one for spares was to try and diagnose by substitution.

Bandit, I do exactly the same with work emails, it's not unusual to ask customers whether they want this option or that option and to get back a simple "Yes". One guy who came to us for some temperature training we booked into a local B&B for the night before. They asked us to ask him what time he'd like his breakfast between 8 and 9; his response was to ask for it at 7:45... :roll:
Image Image Image Image

jayw
Part of the decor

Post by jayw » 04 Mar 2010

I'd hazzard a guess that with a name like that an such shite spelling that your seller doesn't speaky no good engrish hencr the mono-syllabic responses... :lol:
Almost BX-less

Philhod
GET OUT MORE

Post by Philhod » 04 Mar 2010

Just yer normal kid that's gone through 11 years of education then!!

I'm just anal but it's a distinct and confusion free way of communicating!
Taking it anally you mean????? 8)

I've sucked all the or any dust there may be in there, so I think you may be right, it could be a sensor or whatever...so that's me fucked then :lol:
72... AND STILL ROCKIN..........around the world...... NOT in a chair yet

Now XBX And into HDI.....as well as other ...err.... things.

Father Ted
Centenial time waster

Post by Father Ted » 08 Mar 2010

eBay fucktards boil my piss.

Sold an empty box (described as such) last year and someone actually paid me £50 for it, so I emailed them several times saying "you do realise you have bought an EMPTY box dont you?" then on the day I was going to post the box I get the most abusive email threatening me with jail and removing me from the internet in her capacity as a policewoman.....
So I reported her to the local police in Rochdale (where she lived) for impersonating a police woman and threatening behaviour (and generally being a total fuckwit) and rather pleasingly they arrested her on an unrelated charge when they went to see her :twisted:

Anyway I feel your pain Mat....
Image Image Image

docchevron132
Bus Warrior

Post by docchevron132 » 09 Mar 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Awwww.
1989 BX 17TD P2 Hybrid
1990 BX 16V It's got big hairy bollocks
1971 BL 350FG ambulance
1993 Dennis Lance 132 It's got mahooosive hairy bollocks!

Euthenasia, because enough's enough already.