Before I took up driving, my transport options where a Citroen or a pushbike. Once I passed my test my options didn’t improve much. A ‘best-for-scrap’ Citroen BX or a pushbike. I’ve still got the pushbike and a Citroen BX . . .
Most recent Citroen Adventures
- Citroën BX – Refurbishing The Cylinder Head Parts9 min read Having previously overhauled the cylinder head, it was time to prepare the rest of the parts and start putting the engine back together.
- Citroën BX – Bottom End Teardown7 min read Having found a leaking piston ring, it was time to go all in on this XU9J4 engine and teardown the bottom end. What disasters await?
- Citroën BX – Cylinder Head Overhaul6 min read Can I find the reason for the leaking pressure we previously found? Can the leak be fixed with a cylinder head overhaul?
- Citroën BX – Cylinder head leak testing6 min read The running engine has arrived up with ~25 BHP missing. Can I find the missing ponies with some cylinder head leak testing alone?
- Citroën BX – MI16 Engine Strip5 min read While cleaning the engine I started to strip the ancillaries and found a multitude of poor engineering practices, and 10mm sockets!
The BXProject Forum
My publishing of stories and adventures started with the BXProject website, and at its peak, it hosted a bustling Forum. The forum is still there, mothballed but packed with useful information.