While I wouldn’t consider myself to be a thoroughbred petrol head, I’ve had more than a few Automotive adventures. Be it fighting off the hands of time from my Citroen BX, to tinkering with my Land Rover, there’s always something going on with cars. Here you can catch up on my latest Automotive Articles.
My most recent Automotive articles
- Fiat X1/9 – Cleaned up and shipped out4 min read It seems like less than 2 months since it was collected, but after it was professionally cleaned, it was ready to be shipped to Australia
- Fiat X1/9 – Brakes, Clutch, Asbestos6 min read When I agreed to collect the X1/9, I never imagined I’d be changing the brakes and replacing the clutch to avoid exporting asbestos.
- Fiat X1/9 – Import Permit and Coolant Drain4 min read With the Fiat X1/9 fate set, export preparation was set. I wasn’t expecting to drain the coolant for the Fiat X1/9 import permit.
- Fiat X1/9 – Rust Hunt and Treatment6 min read Having recovered the Fiat X1/9 and given it a quick inspection and wash, it was time to hunt out the rust and give it some treatment.
- Fiat X1/9 – Paint Restoration3 min read With the Fiat X1/9 washed, and most of the mud removed, the paint was looking pretty dull and worn out. Could the paint be restored?
- Fiat X1/9 – First Inspection6 min read After collecting the FIAT X1/9 and washing the mud off, it was time for the first inspection.
- The Fiat X1/9 Adventure – Project Car Collection4 min read Some automotive adventures start with a stupid comment to a mate. Now I own a Fiat X1/9!
- Fergie – Hydraulic system, PTO and Topping5 min read With the Fergie starting reliably it was time for topping the field. But first, we needed to check the hydraulic system and adapt the PTO.
Most Recent Land Rover Articles
- Retrofit – Freelander2 Reversing Camera7 min read Do I need a reversing camera? Probably not. But having retrofit one to the Freelander2 and I’m glad that I did!
- Making Roof Bar Storage4 min read After falling over the Freelander2 roof bars one too many times, it was time to make some roof bar storage. Fire up the welder!
- Retrofit – Freelander 2 Dimming Rearview Mirror5 min read Long commutes in the dark, with bright lights behind, are no good for my eyes. The solution, retrofit of a Freelander dimming rearview mirror.
- SDD – Battery Support Unit7 min read Using a diagnostic tool puts a big load on the car battery. To avoid damage you should use a battery support unit. But what is it, and why is it needed?
- Symptom Driven Diagnostic (SDD) – Diagnostic Adapter6 min read Land Rovers of a certain age eventually cry out for a diagnostic session. With dealer diagnostic sessions costing as much as £145 per hour, you may want to DIY. This will put you on the slippery slope of the Land Rover Symptom Driven Diagnostic (SDD) system and diagnostic adapter. In this series of articles, we…
Most Recent Citroen Articles
- Workshop Tools – Scissor Lift7 min read Years of struggling under cars on axle stands are over with the purchase of a scissor lift. Why didn’t I do this sooner!
- Bathtime for the BX3 min read Annual bathtime for the BX has come around again. Once the Autoglym is applied and we’re shiny again, will we just breakdown?
- BX – Brake pads and Discs4 min read The ability to stop the BX has been rather lacking recently. Will EBC brake pads and discs improve the stopping distance?
- Instrument Cluster LEDs Lensed Vs Capless3 min read In a previous article I looked at lensed LEDs for the instrument cluster. The results where not good, but are capless LEDs the solution?
- Engine Bay Rattles4 min read The more I drive the car, the more I’m aware of a few engine bay rattles. After some investigation, I seem to have cured them with a lost shim.